Pirate Turtle

“You mess with the wrong turtle :turtle: :skull_and_crossbones:
This is my take on the awesome design by Kevin Keele :raised_hands:
On this one I tried to improved my topology, but finally the thing I improved the most was the texturing workflow.
Also, next time I will make some tries before committing to one way of doing things if there is a part that I am not quite sure how to approach. Because in this case I spent days masking, extracting, retopo"ing" and sculpting each individual scales of the arms (around 200 of them…) to eventually realize while texturing that it wasn’t the best way to do these scales. I prefer the ones on the head and legs, that are just a basic tracing with a sharp brush directly in the mesh, and I used the shading part to make them a different materials. Anyway I hope that you will find this model interesting and maybe it’s a good opportunity to discover this amazing character artist if you didn’t knew him already :wink:
Peace ! :pray::v:

116 Likes

This is really great blender work! Thanks for sharing this! :smiley:

(do you happen to have a link to Kevin Keele’s work?)

1 Like

Thank you very much! Sorry but Artstation is lagging as fu** now so i can’t give you a link but you can find him easy on Artstation or google :wink::pray::v:

1 Like

awesome and incredible!! :clap:

1 Like

Thank you very much :pray::hugs:

awesome work, I really like the details and textures. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you! I learned a lot about procedural texturing with this project :kissing_closed_eyes:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Awesome thank you Bart :blush: :pray:

1 Like

Here’s the original by Kevin Keele from his ArtStation project https://kkeeleart.artstation.com/projects/dOz59X:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing his artstation link :wink:

1 Like

Hmm… :thinking: …okay… now… who was using what as reference… :wink:

1 Like

Haha Thanks :grin::pray::v:

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

master ugwy in another dimension !!

amazing work !

1 Like

Very nice sculpture and texturing!