Procedural Cloudscape Generation in Cycles (now Eevee!)

Looks like it’s OSX issue. On windows it works ok.

1 Like

The build from 15.03.2019 has fixed this issue. Now it renders fine on OSX too. : )

1 Like

Where did you get Perlin Worley node ?

Looks like a user made node group (existing Cycles nodes, maybe some OSL too?).

Lobo is correct, worley looks like this

perlin worley looks like this

Wow thanks I’ll try to recreate it :smiley:

Hi
I’m trying to render out a pass of the cloud landscape reentry into a planet but it doesn’t seem to render.

Blend File

Hope you can help!

This addon looks great!!

How do I install this?

I simply can’t find it on PC when I select install addon on blender.

1 Like

hey how do you animate this I tried to add a mapping to wind direction and change mapping it is animated but not like yours

how do you animate it at all

thanks

Thanks for sharing, just noticed this…though I am not very active in blender forums since I mainly have been using Lightwave.

I started a thread where I wanted to know about who´s the the cloud creation masters with Blender software.
Thread here…
https://blenderartists.org/t/who-s-the-best-blender-cloud-maker-out-there-methods-etc/

I haven´t checked this file with EEVEE yet, but I will, for now I am checking the noise procedurals and shading and render speed in cycles, I think Lightwave does this a bit faster though and easier to setup maybe…but foremost it has quite a vast selection of procedural texture types that I sort of miss in blender, wich only has a few.

I will do some tests and perhaps record comparisons between Blender and Lightwave for this technique of using procedurals on density distribution within volumetric materials and items for Lightwave and see what I am most comfortable with and what can yield the nicest looks etc.

How do I install this?