Procedural Cloudscape Generation in Cycles (now Eevee!)

The build from 15.03.2019 has fixed this issue. Now it renders fine on OSX too. : )

1 Like

Where did you get Perlin Worley node ?

Looks like a user made node group (existing Cycles nodes, maybe some OSL too?).

Lobo is correct, worley looks like this

perlin worley looks like this

3 Likes

Wow thanks Iā€™ll try to recreate it :smiley:

Hi
Iā€™m trying to render out a pass of the cloud landscape reentry into a planet but it doesnā€™t seem to render.

Blend File

Hope you can help!

This addon looks great!!

How do I install this?

I simply canā€™t find it on PC when I select install addon on blender.

1 Like

hey how do you animate this I tried to add a mapping to wind direction and change mapping it is animated but not like yours

how do you animate it at all

thanks

Thanks for sharing, just noticed thisā€¦though I am not very active in blender forums since I mainly have been using Lightwave.

I started a thread where I wanted to know about whoĀ“s the the cloud creation masters with Blender software.
Thread hereā€¦
https://blenderartists.org/t/who-s-the-best-blender-cloud-maker-out-there-methods-etc/

I havenĀ“t checked this file with EEVEE yet, but I will, for now I am checking the noise procedurals and shading and render speed in cycles, I think Lightwave does this a bit faster though and easier to setup maybeā€¦but foremost it has quite a vast selection of procedural texture types that I sort of miss in blender, wich only has a few.

I will do some tests and perhaps record comparisons between Blender and Lightwave for this technique of using procedurals on density distribution within volumetric materials and items for Lightwave and see what I am most comfortable with and what can yield the nicest looks etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PrometheusPhamarus/videos

How do I install this?

Hey there! Your shader works real nice, Iā€™ll use it on the Resilience Satelle | r.i.c.e project to revamp a cloud surfing scene. Great job! Thank you very much for sharing!

1 Like

@Pixelshatter
Hi simon, im loving what you did with the clouds for Eevee. It looks awesome.
Im having troubles with getting a certain look for my clouds, maybe you can help me

Im trying to get something like this

thick in the center, almost cartoonyā€¦ I have tried multiple settings, but i canā€™t get close. Maybe its also because i dont understand what the paramaters doā€¦ Maybe you can help me out getting close to this lookā€¦? Or in any caseā€¦ can you explain the parameters? Especially the difference between thickness, spread and clumping?

Andā€¦ can you briefly explain on how to use the drawing technique? How do you setup the image texture on the plane with the solidfier?

thank you in advance!

Just downloaded and triedā€¦really impressive, youā€™ve made my day!

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Love this setup, but Iā€™m trying to disable the evolution - I found a node that seems linked to the frame time, and disconnected that, but itā€™s still movingā€¦

Hmmmm, weird, disconnecting that node (itā€™s the one with a generator) works for me actually (I was investigating it for a friend)ā€¦

It looks like it doesnā€™t work for me in Blendrer 2.82 on Mac. It just shows 3 boxes, not clouds. Unless Iā€™m missing something.

Hi! Could you provide a little more information on how to set up the paintable cloud distribution? I cannot seem to get it to work with a solidified plane, generated UVs and the image plugged into the cloud distribution module.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, does this cloud generator is still up to date ? i would like to render a VR animation that have timelapse of sky, the new 2.90 have a new sky node, but i would like to add clouds (that render as fast as a simple hdri)

Do you think it would be possible to render clouds in eevee and composite cycles render with eevee render of only the clouds (but sā€™ill have the information of the ambiant light)?

I am having this issue where the clouds are looking like they are made of blocks. I am using version 4 in cycles blender v2.90.1. I used a nishita sky texture for lighting. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

2 Likes