Quick Toolbox addon for Blender 2.8+

here’s your ‘QT-box:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks so much :heart:. I will definitely look into your notes.

2 Likes

Quick Toolbox is now available in Blender Market!

3 Likes

Can we disable the alphabet?
For weight painting It’s unnecessary.

When I resize the window, I lose some valuable informations

2 Likes

No, I didn’t add that option. But Thanks to you, I will implement it in next update :blush:

1 Like

Great, but I hope you’ll add an option to make left side persistent (talking about values and brush)

Personally I would love to use Quick ToolBox for weight painting to be compact like this.
(Some brushes are hidden)

1 Like

I get it. Like a square box, with less space and also showing the brush settings.

1 Like

compact
I tweaked some values here is a preview.

2 Likes

THANK YOU.
I’ve been waiting for someone to give some love for Weight Painting mode since 2.79

This pretty much all I wanted (where is the rest of the weight paint buttons?)

You mean the top menus? I by default disable the top menus when toolbox is smaller than 500 but, now I will add some options to enable it

compact
Do you want this version now? I can send it to your email

3 Likes

Current Todos for next update:

• More UI customizations
  • Option for different width in different workspaces, editors, modes etc. This means users can have a bigger toolbox in sculpt mode, a small toolbox in weight paint mode, etc.
  • Ability to show or hide almost all elements in the toolbox.

If you want a certain feature or a change in toolbox, please tell me here. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for implementing custom locations. I have a fr around that if you do not mind. At the moment the spawn points are meant for the top corner the popup. While this seems nice, it makes it impossible to put the panel in the middle of the screen. Is it possible to add an option to at least make it position to the middle of the screen or rather the middle of the panel corresponds to the locations instead of top L corner?

thanks

2 Likes

Yes, I can implement that workaround, will need to do some maths, to make the toolbox right in the middle of the viewport. Just what I don’t like is, the position of the mouse will be changed.

1 Like

The position of the mouse seems to change currently too. That could be a reasonable sacrifice to make for it to work.

1 Like

Yes :sweat_smile:

yes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I have implemented the center toolbox, if you want to try it out, I can send you on your email
or you can edit the code by yourself, then you will need to replace the lines from 1188 to 1191-

#old version-- replace this bit of code to the new version
            elif addon_prefs.toolbox_pos == 'C':
                cx=(context.area.x + (context.area.width/2))
                cy=(context.area.y + (context.area.height/2))
                context.window.cursor_warp(cx, cy)
#new version--- copy the below code 
            elif addon_prefs.toolbox_pos == 'C':
                cx=0
                if context.area.width/2 < addon_prefs.toolbox_width/2:
                    cx=(context.area.x + context.area.width/5)
                else:
                    cx=(context.area.x + ((context.area.width/2)-(addon_prefs.toolbox_width/2)))
                cy=(context.area.y + ((context.area.height/2)+(context.area.height/5)))
                context.window.cursor_warp(cx, cy)
4 Likes

It seems to work. Thanks for the quick fix.

1 Like

copied and pasted the code and it works fine, Thanks

1 Like

Hello I can’t activate the toolbox I have this error on activation :confused:
blender build : 2.90.1

1 Like