Screenshot Extra Extra!

starting over in a new direction

Thanks for the comments, guys! Here’s another ship i’ve been texturing recently. I decided to go for a more scratched look on the edges. My game is a RTS/Tower Defense Sci-fi game set in the same universe as Virtual Survival (On my signature).
I’ll make a post for it when i have something show-worthy :wink: :

A very nice ship! The “tail” seem a bit weird to me.

Thanks! It’s still pretty much a WIP, so expect a lot of things to change :wink:

well, the other day i had to browse my old files searching for something to help somebody here on the forums and when looking through my old RTS templates i came into a nostalgic feeling, so lacking a proyect i started to make this one, and this is what i managed to make in a week:

note: i spent most time making all the code and stuff, and modeling isnt exactly my strong point, haha
-lucki

does your game work yet lucki? tanks and planes shooting and stuff?

absolutely!
you can customize the model, amount of turrets, rate of fire, proyectiles, speed, if they can move or not(buildings), what units they can create and much more!
you can also drag to select and move units from one place to another, maybe on the screenshoots its too bright, but you can see some green lines arround selected units

Starting to working on the final model and textures for my game character.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]293986[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293987[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293988[/ATTACH]

well, i didnt really touch the computer since the last time i posted here, but today i opened my proyect blend and decided to do something funny
behold: modding at its finest

i havent set a code for animations yet, so they just move statically arround
edit: testing some shadows and fancy stuff

-lucki

Your work appears in Hobbyconsolas.com!
http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/noticias/fan-recrea-super-mario-64-con-blender-65574

Wau, this looks super cool! Same goes for Mario project, it looks very fun to play - you guys amaze me.

Wow! is nice to see my work on many websites, but lately I’m a bit worried about nintendo shutting down the project, my last video has over 200 000 views and the count seems to not stop, but I hope something good comes out of all this.

@Fenice that character looks cool! i love the cartoon style, do you hand paint the textures?

sorry for spaming this thread but i dont feel like making a thread for my game yet haha
since the last post i didnt had much time (school just started and i have LOTS of stuff to do), but i did get some free time, and added a building sistem, a new proyectile type(lasers!),redisigned the HUD, made a crappy tree model, created tons of bugs and solved some of those bugs, also made a fog of war but its laggy as crap (more than 5 units will lag the whole thing!)
The game runs slow as crap because code isnt optimized and my computer is kinda crap, so to stop some of the lag i removed the shadows, but dont worry they will be added again later ;), here are some screenshoots of what i made, please leave some feedback it really helps!

thanks for reading
-lucki

Simple Six:

Needs a little more work on texturing I think. Some more ‘dynamics’ particularly around the gun area, and the interior also needs work:

Hello, an overall of good stuff here as always, just a first attempt of armor pieces for me.

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2014/03/26/mini_14032604363154861.jpg

@ luc.ki I personnally see something good here even for trees at this scale, can you tell what is the hud thing in the up right ?

Looking good :smiley:

Nice Looking Model,

is it rigged yet?

Thank you BluePrintRandom, yes I used vertices or faces of my already rigged character that you can see under the armor to make the armor pieces so they’re already rigged too, a little problem is still at the intersection of the waist and thighs where I haven’t succeed to improve the weight paint enough yet.

I planned a video some time ago but I needed to fix bugs, now I need to add some interactive objects like panels and enemies before a video where we can see lot of the functions in action.

I have not gotten around vertex parenting in game,

my game uses a triangle mesh - with materials to index the sides,

I could just use vertex groups in game? and have a property stored with the name of the group?

Vertex group - shoulder = Item “Parrot”