SOLITARY: A space movie project

hello Lord Odin, i unfortunately can agree the user Slartibartfast, because there is a little lag of information on your website. Even if it’s sheap, no serous producer would send his work or part of his works to a online portal which there is no information an legals in it. so i’ve to say thanks for the offer, but sorry too.

before i forget, i’m planning a kickstarter campaign … also to my patreon … because the costs of the voice actors and the background music… are very high… and i don’t like to waste more time… where i can’t start the production…

2 Likes

Good idea, with the Kickstarter campaign and the Patreon quest. I’ll be rooting if your film’s a success on the Kickstarter site. It’s not always a successful campaign for some projects on there, if you know what I mean. But, I do hope yours is, to not become disappointed with the release.

Where do you plan on releasing the sci-fi movie? YouTube, or the cinema? I’d like to watch the film in my country if you can get it where I live through a publisher.

1 Like

Hi…
yes, i know what you mean, but even the first campaign on kickstarter will be more pain then gain, i hope at least to attrack some more people like you, who love to see my project on a screen…
My budged is small, very small … unbelievable small… and a producer from that i’ve met, is still laughing about my project, but also interested and excited, how far my project is. Soo… how to say, in the end, i can’t start a big social media campain or else, just to push the kickstarter campaign. So i’ve need a little bit of help and hope.
As i said, about the movie, i plan to make a feature film… that means, that this project is designed for cinema and streaming media… i also stay in contact with several publishers, but before they come active, they wan’t to have at least 80% finished material…
i know, that i’m not on a high tech high end block buster like marvel or dreamworks, or even all those studios do, who produce the short on youtube… i still do everything on my own and try to have a quality good and professional looking work in the end.

about your question for and where to release… i plan to have it multy lingual… means at least english and german… i really hope, that the final publisher will help me with further syncronisations.

I’ve also to say, i don’t produce a space battle action movie… it’s more compared with the martian, gravity and passengers.

kind regards and thanks a lot for your interest.
Egan

Ah. I see. It’s not easy to gain how much money you want for voice actors and your film.

Try a budget of $5000 first if you’re fine with that amount of earning from the Kickstarter campaign. If it proves to be more, I’ll not be calculating how much you earn from your quest. I’m just trying to help you with the budget for your movie.

So, this is a character driven sci-fi film, then? If it is, I’ll very much watch it in the cinema of my country when you’ve got a publisher. I like character driven movies that develops its main characters and antagonists. So, this will become one of my top fifty films made when it is available to watch.

I’ll stop my rambling to give you some space. Enjoy your day!

I responded to your email just now. Sorry about that I didn’t expect to receive mail so soon (We launched this month)

Hopefully you can change @Egan_T_Guenthers mind after you try us out :slight_smile:

Ive been a RenderTD for Theory Studios for about 7 years now. All their recent work has been rendered on SARFIS over 300k frames, another company I wont name rendered 140k 4k frames on our farm so its definitly been tested in production for a while

I worked with them and cut their render times down from 50 minutes a frame to 9 minutes a frame just from optimizing their scene and using the Theory Studios blender build which I suggest anyone that wants to render faster check out.

if you want to try us out just email me at help (at) sarfis.xyz I can work with you and give you some test credits to hopefully gain your trust since our landing page didnt lol. I created sarfis to help blender users not to build a rendering empire. Use us or dont I dont mind im just here to help everyone render faster and stay on budget.

Thank you for your reply–I didn’t mean to slander at all, just curious as to response time and online presence. I will follow up with your email. We would probably like to just have you render one project image, and see how long that takes, and what the price quote would be per frame.

Also you mention 2.79b…our company is working in 2.8’s newest build. That won’t be an issue I assume?

Cheers and good luck going forward.

1 Like

We are working on adding 2.8 ATM it will be there by the time you want to render for sure. Trying to get a 2.8 version with Scrambling distance, Adaptive sampling and Blue noise dithering. Can help cut render times by a lot. We use it for everything at Theory :slight_smile:

Hello again, Egan. How’s the “final” production of your movie going? I am, at the moment, plotting out my own animation for what its content should have.

I’m thinking of a feature film, but haven’t decided just yet. I’ll begin the concept stage next year after I’ve written a tetralogy novel series.

By that time, I’ll most likely have a PC capable of handling 3D animations. Until then, I’ll just write on my laptop before buying the PC.

As one would say: “Book comes first before film is spoken of.”

Won’t you agree on that line?

Hello Lord Odin, i’ll keep it in mind and check your page again, when the production starts.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
oh thanks for asking… just a minor settings and models to do, then i’ll start the animations and the first voice recordings. meanwhile i’ll prepare a lot of other things for publishing and so on.
bunch of work :wink:
conzept and screenplay is everything… always keep in mind… (i’ve learned it on a hard way too) you’ve to watch about licenses, if you create a movie, that you plan to publish with a payed distribution. If you do this for free on streaming platforms, you don’t have to worry for a lot of things…
for the hardware… unbelievable, but i did most of the models on my older HP Zbook pro from 2013. Which is good, because it makes me learn a lot about modeling and save unused details, which maybe never shows in the movie.
also … always keep in mind, that an movie animation is different from a single image. you can sometimes saves a lot of render time, by leaving details … or memory by unshown objects…

good idea… write down the script and the concept… helps you a lot to understand the progress of the production of your movie too.

regards Egan

HI guys…
so i’d like to share a new picture with you… movie is in progress and i’ve only some minor models and settings to do, then i’ll start the animation.

btw… did i already let you know, the screenplay is done… so another milestone has been completed.

regards
Egan

Happy to hear the screenplay is completed, along with most of the modeling.

1 Like

Hi Egan… nice to see your project going on… will look further.
Are you working alone on this ? why not looking for collab ?
Are you gonna publish this short movie to public or it is a commercial project ?

1 Like

Hello Uriel,
thanks a lot for your interest and your questions.
YES, i do / did everything at least on my own.
Why do i do this… it’s easy… it’s an ultra low budged project… means, i can’t pay for a colaboration.
i can’ garantee a success of this project… and … to be honest, i’ve bad experience with colaborations, who are on “free” basics. because then people becoma often very lazy and i don’t like to chase after them.
For all things i can’t do on my own… i’ve to pay for it.
For example, i’d like to have profesional Background music and the voice actors, so i’ve to stay in contact with some studios and have to hope for a good offer.
At the moment, it isn’t planned as a short. because the screenplay is around 85pages and
it will be a commercial project, that’s why i’ve to take care, that everything is selfmade and doesn’t hurt any copyrights
you see… it’s start to be a huge project… and yes, i can’t do anything on my own…
and of course i ask for viewers and subscribers on my youtube channel too.

thanks a lot and kind regards
Egan

and… another Environment is done.
i’m starting with the first Animation… and hope to present you the first Trailer of the movie soon.

what did you on Weekend? I’ve invested 8 hours into 20 seconds for my animated movie Project… and you know what’s best, i’m proud of it!

i’m working hard to realise my project… but to be honest… there are a lot of stones in the way to fullfill this dream. IF you like to do something for me… let people know about this project and share my youtube channel too

see ya soon
Egan

2 Likes

HI Guys,
i just came around to share the first rendered animated Frame of my space movie Project :smiley: yes, i’ve started with the Rendering for the first animations… hope to save some time for Rendering later then.

hi hi hi… wwwooo… i’m exhausted… somehow… but … good news for everyone who are following my project here… i do rendering and rendering and animating… and rendering and animating… a new CGI will find here and i hope you like it!?

so… project news… next to the renderings i’m doing, i have to save money at the moment… because i still try to find good voice actors (yes they are expensive) and also i’m searching for background music… i still have a composer, but he needs money too… ha ha

There will be a “big” anouncement soon on my new social media accounts… yes… i didn’t had some before… that’s why they are fresh and new ^^ the news will be released soon… or at least if i have animated more then 50% of the movie and it’s for you and all Sci-Fi fans out there.
so please feel free to follow me on INSTAGRAM or TWITTER

Egan

while working on my movie project… i’v evisited the cast on the set… :wink:

but… good news btw. I’ve really get an agreement with one famous voice actors in Germany.
can’t tell who … but i’m happy!

rendering a lot of hours at the moment… project runs well!
big regards to everyone.
Egan

1 Like