SpeedRetopo

Ahw, ofcourse. Super! I think it was late in the night for me that I didn’t see it.

many thanks for the effort, pitiwazou! :slight_smile:

do you think you would be able to integrate something like the contours tool which would be really handy
maybe by porting this to 2.8

1 Like

I don’t have the level to do that.
You have that in retopo mt.

1 Like

ah … i didn’t know about retopo mt. many thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is retopo mt?

1 Like
1 Like

Retopology Addon Retopo Mt

I like it…but somehow my pencil strokes are not drawn on the surface resulting in in accurate placement of the B Surface… my B Surface menu shows annotation selected… it will be really great if someone can help me out

Like I said on Youtube, if you use Blender 2.82, there is a bug with annotation in edit mode.

got it… thanks…

In 2.81 and 2.80 I do not see the Add BSurface button when I Start Retopo… you can see my panel in the snapshot below:

me too,there no bsurface botton at all.

If you use the last version it’s normal, it’s for 2.82.
Use version 0.0.4 for 2.81

Yes… using the other version did the trick…

I have bess using it now for some time. Here are some bugs I have noticed:

1. Sometimes when I add a new B Surface… it changes/resets the shrinkwrap value which affects the whole of retopo mesh…
  2. In Front does not alway ensure that my retopo mesh draws in front. I can see the reference(hi poly) mesh poking through.

I am not complaining and I am grateful for your work. This is just to make the add on better.

1 - add bsurface only call the bsurface tool, it doesn’t change the schrinkwrap settings. It should not.
2 - It’s a blender limitation.

getting this error for latest versions
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 351, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘speedretopo_2_8_v_0_0_5 2’

version 0.0.4 works but get an “Activate BSurfaces” error when clicking the Start Retopo button. BSurfaces addon is activated.

Ok I’ll check that!

Ok, I just tested on 2.82a with a portable build ans speedretopo_2_8_v_0_0_6 and no error for me.
Be sure to use the last release of the addon and if it doesn’t work on your blender, try on a portable build.

Is 2.83 support coming? This(combined with contours in Retopo MT) looks like the best Retopo solution in Blender. Tried Retopoflow 3 beta and don’t like it at all.