SpeedRetopo

I have the same exact problem, in that i can’t seem to get the expected results no matter what i try. To add to the previous comment, please note that after clicking Add Bsurface i get both the error and 2 new objects created (GP_Layer and GP_Layer.001) which is something i don’t see in the tutorial videos.
Maybe something wrong in one of the plugins used? I downloaded all the latest versions i could find (bsurfaces activated straight from blender 2.8, Automirror, SpeedRetopo and retopoMT from the respective Githubs).

Thanks for your support, hope to be able to use this fantastic tool soon!

try to remove all gp layers

Did not help. Yet i installed from fresh on another machine and it DOES work as expected. I guess on my older install it is conflicting with some other addon (i tested and activated a whole bunch lately).
Should i find which is the offending addon, i’ll post here. Again, thanks for this fantastic tool!

[edit]
double checked and tried to sync addons and settings between the two machines with blender cloud, no success. I must also specify that it is not working on my MacOS machine, while it is OK after the fresh install on my Windows PC

Your issue is on bsurface, not speedretopo, maybe something is conflicting indeed.

This Addon doesnt work for me. Every time i try to use it the grease pencil just scrambles up.

You have to be more specific, remove the gplayers, check your normals and check on a fresh install, you seems to have the same issue as before

Thank you very much for this addon is there any chance to have a “relax selected vertices”?
I did this in 30 minutes more or less with this addon!

Hi pitiwazou, thanks a lot!

That add on is wonderful. Very handy!

I have a weird behaviour: even if I checked “pie menu” off, it still come up when i presso SHIFT + RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON when I am in edit mode.
Is it supposed to be like that?

I’m using Blender 2.78b

Nope.

Even when you restart blender ?

Hi,

I’ve restarted blender but the problem is still there.
And I must correct myself: the menu pie pops up even in object mode.

I have “installed the add-on from file”…should I try so cancel the scrip and manually place it into the add-on folder?

EDIT: I’ve just deleted and reinstalled (manually) the addon. Still same error. Even in 2.78a.

Not a big deal though: if I turn it off then everything is back to normal.

Again, great tool thanks! :slight_smile:

Just tested and no pie menu for me after rebooting blender

Working on this

I think I have found something:

IF i turn off —>restart Blender ---->turn on: B-surface + Loop Tools (speedretopo stays always on) then the pie menu disappears when it is supposed to.

I had the pie menu pop up even in object mode either with or without the “Pie menu” unchecked.

BTW: I don’t have installed Automirror as the instruction suggests, I tried but I had an error. Your addon is doing auto mirror nonetheless.

Hope it helps!

No need to automirror now.

I will investigate on your issue.

Grid options !

It is possible to have a transparency in Edit mode for a mesh ?

Are you really asking a question? I know in blender render all you have to do is make sure object draw type is textured and viewport shading set to material.

It’s possible in cycles with nodes, I will test that.

We can now change grid options in the preferences and scale it in retopo mode.

Not sure on cycles. If it’s possible I don’t know how to do it.

Something like this but I don’t like the result.

I found a simplest way to do it, take a look

Also, enable backface culling in the shading section of the N panel.