SpeedRetopo

I’m getting this error after closing and opening blender. If I start fresh, it works fine, but when I save the file and try to reopen it later it throws this error. Please look into it. I have attached a screenshot of the error.

Thanks.

I have the same problem. I’ve changed the shortcut button. It worked for me.

I’ve also purchased the Speed Sculp. Thank you pitiwazou for all of your add-ons.

I’m in ortographic mode. When I use speedretopo and click retopoMT, Blender gets away from ortographic mode.

Because it’s not supported in orthographic mode !

Thanks - Merci pitiwazou…very much for this addon…it’s speeds up retopology…just Wow…amazing tool!!

Could you add orthographic mode support ?

Nope ! I’m not the dev.
Don’t work in ortho, it’s bad for modeling.

I’m used to ortho. It helps me to get the sense of scale.

I’m enjoying using SpeedRetopo but I’m finding some weird things are cropping up. When I try using shift to select multiple points in edit mode, it brings up the pie menu. Which prevents me from selecting multiple points in edit mode, unless I use the selection brush. How do I keep it from doing this? I already disabled the pie menu option in the add ons option menu.

also I’m not entirely clear on the relationship between this application and Retopo MT. They both do similar things, and SpeedRetopo allows for Retopo MT to be used inside of it but I’m still not clear what exactly it is?

You know after fiddling around with this for a couple of hours, I actually think I prefer the extrude line with shrinkwrap method. There’s some useful stuff, and the Greasepencil bpslines technique is a lot of help, and there’s some great options and scripts that speedretopo can help with, but I ultimately found I had to move away from using the Retopo MT and some of the other features because they weren’t really working very well for me. Obviously it works for some people but I couldn’t really get the hang of it.

Also I second liking working in ortho. It makes it easier for me zoom on details I want to get really close to, while perspective can have problems with clipping. If there’s a way around those sorts of issues, let me know as I would love to hear.

I am having this issue on 0.0.9

Change the clipping plan distance. Ortho is bad in general, especially to judge distances and volumes (saying that, an bad focal length is as bad in perspective)

Bsurface don’t work in local mode.

Wow! That is so fast! What a great tool for modelling. Sculpt something quickly then retop with this tool. Thank you so much for helping me figure out why it wasn’t working. Hit the numpad / key and off to the races we go.

Hi, thanks for the add-on. I obtain an error when run speedretopo, my configuration is: OSX El Capitan 10.11.6, Blender 2.78c, SpeedRetopo 0.0.9
This is the error message:

File "/Users/Oxer/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/speedretopo_v_0_0_9.py", line 496, in execute
    bpy.context.object.modifiers["Mirror"].use_x = True
KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection[key]: key "Mirror" not found'

I have activated AutoMirror, LoopTools, BSurface.

First off, thank you kindly for your amazing contributions to the Blender community. This tool is just amazing! Merci bien!

I am experiencing the same error as Naythan. When you say that Bsurface doesn’t work in “Local mode”, are you referring to the “Transformation Orientation”? I guess not because he has it in “Global” (like me).

Thanks in advance

Check the name of the Mirror modifier.

@javierdl, the local mode when you press the / key to hide everything else.

Oh! I get it!
Yes, now it’s working!
Thanks a bunch pitiwazou :slight_smile:

pls port it to blender 2.8,thank you.