Swmo's 2D sketchbook

looking better and better - love the texture to these

Thank you Craig, I appreciate the comments :slight_smile:

I spent a little bit longer on this one - still practicingā€¦

Another attempt at my eldest son - I think this is my closest likeness so far.

That is really cool, love the smile there

Thanks Craig :slight_smile:

Another Krita sketch

Kickass Sketchbook ā€¦ Really great stuff hereā€¦ never stop sketchingā€¦ no matter how much photo, 3D, Video, Animation, Rigging, texturing work you doā€¦ It will keep you imspiredā€¦ as it is doing the rest of us seeing your stuff nowā€¦

Gotta agree with Norvman, this stuff is pretty inspirational :smiley:

Thank you guys - your comments are really encouraging. Sometimes just starting is the hardest part, but once you do it is always enjoyable sketching. Happy with what I have done tonight because I feel like Iā€™m getting better, although itā€™s still a long way from where I would like to be.

Really interesting artwork!

Iā€™m in love with #42 artwork!

your portraits are getting strong. wonderful work, always a pleasure to come back to your sketchbook, swmo.

Thank you for the comments everyone :smiley:

More practice:

swmo, that is crazy cool - I love the tones you got in that, as well as the lighting :smiley: Very nice!

At this rate you are going to be a monster. Love the work keep it up man.

Hah, well - thank you. Iā€™m not anywhere near as good as I would like to be technically, but it is nice to feel like Iā€™m improving when I look back through the thread. Enjoying sketching a lot at the moment.

this is so inspirational! keep up the great work!

I canā€™t speak for your level of technicality as far as pencil goes, but I do enjoy this thread and looking at your images that Iā€™ve subscribed to your updates. They are brilliant drawings!

I do have a couple of favourites:
/uploads/default/original/4X/3/c/1/3c1dc9dce8e2055b4ea39452b78b759b2e93ca82.jpgd=1424481979
/uploads/default/original/4X/7/3/4/734f5077e1fb825b827e0b8b6e403dc80a8489e0.jpgd=1428444604

Iā€™m not too sure where youā€™re going with the one with the bunny-rabbit head, thatā€™s some kind of experimental art I can never quite get my head around. What were your thoughts when creating it?

Thank you both :slight_smile: Good question on the rabbit ears. Not sure what the answer is though. Itā€™s one of the advantages of 2D over 3D - you can make something much quicker so itā€™s easier to do something you just thought of in an hour or so as an experiment without too much investment of time.

Here is another one:

Your color choices are always interesting, and I like the way you light up your work