TBW - An UpBGE Blender Game!

Game looking interesting! Are you using Deadalus’ template for player\vehicle controls?

Yes he asked me if he wanted to try out his Mechanics, i said yes he could in the Pre-Alpha Build!
Results were amazing, however im working on my core game mechanics for the Alpha build you guy’s are going to play, he will try and refine my mechanics where necessary if there are any flaws in them, i will upload alot of showcases of my mechanics in the upcoming months so stay tuned. :sunglasses:
(its going to be an awesome Ride this year for TBW Project.)

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Great! I love Deadalus template and love your game. Keep it up guys! Hope this year we can test your game alpha! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a Meantime Update while my fiber is getting installed next month!
TBW - Teaser Trailer 1 Wallpaper Screenshots:
(They’re all Captured In Game Engine Footage!)

• My Wifi’s been down for a while so hopefully i get my fiber setup soon next month i’ll drop the official Teaser Trailer 1 and 2 and offcourse i’ll post an update on Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 as well.

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

It may look all cinematic but gameplay will be slightly downgraded to achieve a more decent Framerate also just to let you know the distance from the star fighter to the planet is really really far i managed to fix BGE/ UPBGE Clipping especially with long distance, i created long distance nodes that have an effect on very distant (Objects) places in space!

• Lastly space lighting is dynamic and realtime the planets turn in realtime dynamic day and night is also present just gotta fix LOD’s and distant optimizations.

Fred/K.S

1 Like

TBW - Official Teaser Trailer 1 (UPBGE)

• Alright Here’s the 1st Teaser for TBW Game its not perfect at all everything was made entirely in Game Engine in UPBGE and srry im bad at editing, i hope to improve my skills in making better trailers in future.
    However this is just the start very soon i’ll have much better Trailers for TBW Game!
  • iam also busy on the 2nd Teaser Trailer for my game:
    Just to let you guy’s know everything being showcased in the Trailers will be used in the Game its self you guy’s will see the same level of quality even in the Alpha Build of the Demo which iam currently busy putting up from this month.

Fred/K.S

4 Likes

Great footage. I really like the camera movement. Add a bit more details to the ship and a bit more cam shaking and it will look like a movie trailer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @haidme :smiley: great to see your feedback man I’m so happy thanks so so much man i truly appreciate it.
Yeah man i will do as you suggested Teaser Trailer 2 is my next upcoming Teaser for this game and i plan on making a really propper game trailer but also everything I’m going to do in teaser 2 alot of the mechanics and systems will be testing for the Alpha build of the demo of which i will be releasing later in the year so yea camera shake more SFX.
I was abit out of time when i did the SFX for the 1st teaser mailnly because i found the appropriate SFX when i was halfway in to the editing of the video (Editing mainly putting my in game engine footage together to actually play in sequence as a trailer) so i added SFX half way in to editing.

This time I’m adding SFX in game for realtime footage of my teaser Trailer 2.
Lastly Teaser 2 will be the longest teaser trailer for TBW this year and will showcase many systems Iam using in my Alpha Demo.

But thanks buddy great to have yr feedback the next one will be awesome!
Happy Blendering!

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

Here are some Meantime Updates for the Now!

Fred/K.S

5 Likes

Here are some Quicky Updates: (For the Meantime)

I will post some of this months content next week just be patient guys, more time more effort = Good Meantime Update screens and videos!

Fred/K.S

3 Likes

Quicky Updates:

Fred/K.S

5 Likes

WOW this looks great! Can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

Hey Thanks so much man i truly appreciate it :smiley:
more content is on its way indeed im actually excited to show you guys whats coming later this month its great stuff for the Game so far.

(Ive just been busy on both my game projects always splitting development time on both sides so it kinda slowed me down this month on TBW Game)
:slightly_smiling_face:

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Quick Update:

Fred/K.S

3 Likes

March Update! (This Weeks’s Update)

• Ive managed to push with the 2nd Teaser Trailer which seems to be doing well, at the same time the main map for the Alpha Demo of the Game is undergoing some modifications.

• Lastly i did an update to the graphics of the game in the Capital City so ive added a warm colour palete which gives a nice afternoon atmosphere to the city. (At this point im still debating whether i should keep dynamic lighting [ Dynamic Time of Day ] or should i go for static time of day, Static seems to be the best way to go especially considering a decent performance when playing the game.)

1stly Teaser shots and Updates:

Planet Update

Updated Capital City: (Pre-Alpha Build)

Well i cant keep promising content, i will do my best so that i release what needs to be released, lets hope next month is a BIG month for this project :sunglasses::+1:.

!!! BTW this is all UPBGE ver 0.2.0 !!!

Fred/K.S

6 Likes

Last picture looking great. Cool atmosphere! Great work Fred! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thks expect that in the (Public) Alpha Demo i’ll make sure i keep that tone (Colour Palette) , the city as we see it doesn’t have life atm, all my NPC’s are ready and made and have basic animations, i just need to finnish the Map and add in everything in as well as the sky traffic.
BTW its going to be all procedural so no worries procedural sky traffic and NPC’s. the rest will be part of the map such as the city’s skyline certain buildings will also be enterable and also i’ll have lot of space ship hangers around the city with active transports landing in real-time.
(So the map should be open right from the start of the Demo but players will have 1 mission and in that mission there will be 3 objectives, and the rest of side activities will be added later on)

Thks for the feedback @CYNIC78 i truly appreciate it :sunglasses::+1:

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Great colors and atmosphere! I’m guessing you will replace the imperial destroyers in the final release with somtehing else.
Great job!

1 Like

Yes, thks so much for the positive feedback @haidme it truly means a lot. :sunglasses::+1:

I already have different space ships that directly replace the destroyers but it won’t be shown until the alpha demo showcase videos iam preparing during the course of next month.

The stormtrooper in the 1st pre-alpha gameplay video I did will also be replaced with the main character of the game.
(Infact what i am using currently is just for testing purposes atm, I will get to the final assets of the game at some point after Teaser 3)

Fred/K.S

3 Likes

I’m doing the same thing with my games. First using free web models for prototyping and then replace them with original ones.
Keep it going!

2 Likes