Terrrain LOD [UPDATE: dynamic shadows !!] huge open world for all (glsl shader)

how do i make my height map, splat map, etc.

Can you please make tut on this??

cannot move?qzsd not working。。

awesome,it’s working!thanks benj,I think the first 90mb version works.

strange qzsd,by the way……

Hello
Collect 5,000 points to win 50 dollars
Trusted Sitehttps://mena.yougov.com/ar/refer/To73isiF26DRmC_ig5qKkw/

Hello
Collect 5,000 points to win 50 dollars
Trusted Sitehttps ://mena.yougov.com/ar/refer/To73isiF26DRmC_ig5qKkw/

Amazing job, thanks for sharing and working at it

i might use this in the final version of my Games.
Nice work !!!

Fred/K.S

How do i make this 8bit image that represents the physics mesh?
This image matches perfectly the terrain’s object calculation.
I followed the instuctions on how to make the textures of the terrain and the physics mesh object but they have a big difference(on height mostly).

download link not working
please fix it

Working on a third person game with this. Added animated water and changed the sky box. Currently working on the enemy ai and some plants. This is great

why not mix this into my world editor?
it’s procedural and infinite and editable in game

I can stream tiles that are splat/ height and normal map I generate
we now just need to have my lakebeds be lakes, grass grow blades etc no?

could use a glsl coders help

objects get spawned in based on the tile they are pinned on

working on road splines now

Anyone got a working download link for this? The original links seem to be dead.

Are you giving us permission to use this in our games?!!! I had no idea this resource existed! Thank you so much!

Hi. The links are dead for this file, I suffered a hard drive crash and lost everything blender related. Which is why I have no been active in two years. Coming back after seeing the progress I’m ready to get back involved. Ive learned anlot about compiling, get, editing source code, shader code. I’m really looking for the file. If anyone has a copy of the version with shadows, physics, and grass, I would really appreciate a re-upload or good link.

Thanks in advance

welcome back!

oh shit, i might actually be able to help with this. i think i still have my old file from forever ago. i was making a game with it that got cancelled cause im a noob. but i never deleted it. you might have to undo some of the changes i made, but i think if i look deep enough through my computer i should be able to find a usable file for you. also, welcome back!

1 Like

thanks alot. It would be great if you or someone still had those files. I cant find them anywhere. Also, its been a priveledge to come back and see how peoples skills have blossomed.

1 Like

yeah ive been taking a good look into my old files and i am unable to find them. which is a huge shame to me. i honestly really thought I still had the files on here, im sorry. hopefully someone else still has them.

Hi everyone,
I’m back with the files…
First of all sorry for being away so long. I did not think this would still interest after all this time… I managed to find the files back in my archives. It works in 2.64.
Actually I have been away from blender for some time, might come back at some point. I highly recommend using some piece of software specifically designed for real-time applications if you want to play with shaders, interactivity, or make games (godot engine, Unity3d, touch designer, …). I am not blaming blender, just saying that you will save a lot of energy for this specific use. Blender is absolutely great and I love it, but I think it is far from the best tool for interactive applications.
Anyway, keep up exploring!!!
:slight_smile:
Love

I think this is the most recent and complete source:
http://s556155214.onlinehome.fr/BGE_LOD_WORLD/Terrain_shader52_test_shadow.blend

Here is a test with a playable vehicule (quite fun):
http://s556155214.onlinehome.fr/BGE_LOD_WORLD/Terrain_shader38_vehicule_test.blend

You can use it for absolutely any use ( under WTFPL license ).

5 Likes