TexTools for Blender

Thanks. I will try it one more time as you mentioned.

This is version 1.0.1
If I can make this work, i am definitively changing some icons.

@SavMartin - In the video in which the Chinese artist switched the icons, he also shows that he named the tools better, in a much comprehensive way. I guess this can be done editing the .py file itself, and the module, right?
Also, when you mean I should “rename the main folder of Textools like textools” and then repack it: Ok I will try this now. I am also adding a different (PNG indexed 8 color) file to replace the old one which is PNG 24 bit. Could this be the cause of the issue (not letting me install the .zip addon after repackaging?)

Thanks for your support. I only want the icons and the names to be right.
If I do a “fork” on this (on github) how should I credit the authors?

Fantastic!! It worked out of the box!
I was “zipping” one level up. But when I zipped the original unpacked folder, it worked! Who0h00!
All right, we got to transfer the current 43 icons now.

I’ll be posting the complete set later. These tools are amazing!

5 Likes

Sorry, but for me the link says “Not Found”… is it only for me :confused:

for me too,
this one works
https://github.com/SavMartin/TexTools-Blender/releases/download/TexTools_2.9x/TexTools.Blender.2.8x.2.9x.zip

1 Like

Thank you @APEC

Sorry its was my fault , i copy/paste de link wrong way,now i edit the post and its ok.

1 Like

New release.
Now, Rectify, Rotate Island ±90º, Align World, Align Edge, Select Overlapped, Select Bounds, Select Flipped, and UV Smoothing support multi-object UV editing.
Some fixes (rectifying of edges/vertices) and cleanup in Rectify.
Rotate Island ±90º was failing depending on the version of Blender, now it works.
Select Overlapped now is faster and more accurate, using the Blender builtin operator.
Select Similar renamed for clarifying.

As always, it should work from Blender 2.80 to the latest stable 2.91, and as far as I know, works in 2.92 with the latest nightly build as well.

Download from here:
https://github.com/SavMartin/TexTools-Blender/releases/download/TexTools_2.92/TexTools.Blender.2.8x-2.9x.zip

15 Likes

Great Job @franMarz.

Thank you very much for this much needed update, thanks to people like your Textools have a good future ahead of them.

I want to thank you publicly for accepting to be a collaborator in the maintenance and development of Textools, your contributions have been very important, and I hope that more people will be encouraged to do the same as you have done, to continue having a good tool for UV in Blender.

8 Likes

I’d like to add appreciation for you too @SavMartin as I hate seeing great tools dropped by their creators, you came along and carried this by yourself for a good long time before @franMarz started adding brilliance to the addon. Big big thanks to both of you.

Now if only those updated icons could get integrated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thx @JWise, I appreciate the Blender community very much, so whenever I can contribute, I will.

I’m working with @PierreSchiller from activemotionpictures that is doing a good job improving the icons, as soon as I have them finished we’ll upload a special version with these new icons, which we believe integrate better with the look of the Actual Blender.

16 Likes

Ask David for an icon for “Randomize [Face/Island] Position”, I plan to add that any day, hopefully soon.

6 Likes

Hi @franMarz I did all of these icons on the run. I’ve talked to SavMartin about enhancing these icons in time. Of course I will be mantaining that part so he can implement them in the official code (I just opened a GitHub account and I’m getting the hang of it).
Indeed I plan to revamp some of the icons.
I am specially happy about the “open file” icon, which I (blindly) didn’t know what it did. I thought of the icon (found a reference) and used it. When I read the documentation, it explicitly says what it does (launches Photoshop or external editor), and then I thought: Yes, this is how that kind of function will show as an icon to “open externally”.
An “Eureka” moment. And there are a lot of other functions I want to replace the current icon. The current Bake icon for example shows a fireburn, but I did a toaster burn first, and it shows better what “bake” is all about:

1 Like

The devs took away the colored icons, and now slowly they’re working themselves back into the UI :wink:

Great work, this looks really nice in the UI.

2 Likes

Updated release.
Added Randomize UV Position operator with multi-object editing support.

I think I won’t commit any fix neither add more changes soon (unless this update breaks something), have work to do, so don’t hesitate to download and replace the release from yesterday to test the new functionality.

https://github.com/SavMartin/TexTools-Blender/releases/download/TexTools_2.92/textools.zip

11 Likes

They are green because that’s the color of the “edit mode” in Geometry context for the tools. It just makes sense that everything UV related could be using that color as well. White icons are for “common” tasks.

1 Like

Well, here’s what we’ve promised, a new look for Textools, thanks to the great work done by @PierreSchiller of (activemotionpictures), who has managed to modernize the Textools icons to the new design of the Blender 29x

You can download the new version from here, this new version also incorporates the new improvements made by @FranMarz , and a fix I have made, which allows Textools to work even if it is installed by downloading directly from the Github source.

24 Likes

Thank you, sir! I am re-discovering how much I needed the update of this tool! (I used it during the 2.80 series).

5 Likes

Hey, any ideas why material ID bake is black, despite selected objects having 2 different materials total?

Hi,
Did you first go to the properties panel > Material properties > Settings > Pass Index, and set there for each material another number?

PassIndex