Thanator from the Movie Avatar

Really stunning work! I’ll keep an eye on this one :slight_smile:

Please I beg you make a recording, your modeling is god-like! :smiley:

jawdropping model right now; please keep going :wink:

Awesome! I wish I could do that…

Okay guys I have probably the only update for today. I have a lot of homework tonight so ya. I did a quick material in like 5 minutes and I think it looks pretty good. Oh and if I were to record a time lapse would it be okay if I started from the point I’m at the model now?

Attachments

YES,YES,YES RECORD IT! YOU CAN RECORD IN THE MIDDLE NOW! and thank you very much :slight_smile: Just roughly explain what you did in the beginning too Thanks again :slight_smile:

Dude… I want to see it with textures applied to it!!!

Just an awesome model!

keep going…

Great job:D. For the material, it has to be more purple, also his skin has some specularity and some subsurface scattering could enhance it a bit. :smiley: Did you get souler to help you on your nodework?

Okay so I’ve made a decision to give this thing my own personal touch.:smiley:

Attachments

Holy crap, man! And you’re doing it polygon by polygon! Shouldn’t be easier with sculpting?

anyway, tell us the truth: you’re the artist behind it and is moving away from Maya to Blender, right? :wink:

Could you explain? You mean the dirt in the teeth or the color of the skin (I think it must be like the photo I posted in page 1) or the detail on the skin?

UV Map it! :yes::yes: Especially if your adding blood to the texture.

>.o “my own personal touch”… ouch… in a way that can scream laziness or creativity… to be truthful…I’d have to say the former. The Nor for his skin is too high, the color is more bluish than dark purple (the reason why the toy looks off a few pages back) but this blue may be because of some sss, even then, get the purple color a little further away from the black portion of the color spectrum because it’s really dark now. the blood looks poorly done, also the teeth do not have that yellow color, it is black, but not 000 000 000 black, more like 014 015 014 so it’s a bit dark greyish yellow.
:smiley: I just want this to look fantastic to every extent.
@namekusejin , no I’m pretty sure he’s a bit more green in the 3D world than you think, ( say 6ish months?)

fix skull because now eye is not exect inplace where it should be by the reference, it looks like it is sad creature that gona cry :wink: it dont have angry looking, fix that and you will have good work :wink:

Okay well by my personal touch I meant not following the color scheme of the thanator in the movie. Do you guys think I should? Also the reference I was using was from the movie and the eyes were positioned like that. I will fix them if necessary. Thanks for helping me! I’m going to need a lot of help in texturing.

I would try the same colors of the movie.

Hope this helps in your modeling.

I was already using that reference. :stuck_out_tongue: I have just finished the feet as well. So I’m taking it he has back armor plates?

Attachments

Hey man great update! I have one question to you. What is your final verdict will you record your modeling for the greater collective to learn from you or will you choose not to record your modeling?

I will make a video. I just wanted to get that one leg done.