The Flight Of The Dragonfly

Another week in lockdown and another video animation. coronavirus is doing wonders for my
creativity, if nothing else.This is another in the series that I’m doing advertise some RPG. style orchestral music on the Unity Asset Store (so in actual fact it is the music that is being promoted here). however video is Done in blender using the Eevee render engine so I thought I’d put it up here as well this is number 3 of a possible 10, and it has a bit of a steampunk theme going through it. The city was rendered using about 10 buildings and a particle system, the ship model was taken from a project some years ago, but I added the cabin interior this week. The gentleman that you see you might just recall from my entry to the blender Guru steampunk competition from several years ago.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/yPP5n

I am reliably informed that he is the Baron von Richthofen.

Thumbnail

32 Likes

Quite nice. I really like the outside shots of the canopy area with mechanical arms moving the sails. Good job.

That was keyframed, and I used shapekeys to alter the shape of the sails.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

I also had beer delivered this morning. Things are looking up!
:grinning:

1 Like

great work and Congratulations for the featured

Really nice!

That ship reminds me of a game I used to play as a kid. Atlantis: The Lost Tales.

/Erik

Thanks for the appreciation, It is an over literal interpretation of the phrase “flying Boat”.