Thinsoldier's Sketchbook 2024

New contrast looks nice !
Where do I put this code?

It only takes 10 to 30 minutes for a final render depending on the resolution on my laptop. I wonder why it’s crashing for you.

you can put it in blender’s .config file, colormanagement folder in datafiles. Open it with the notepad and find the area that has the added looks and put it there.

EDIT: Or you can place this in your colormanagment folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zvcv8gOk86w6VWRk-Q9zC5v-ufCBKbN7/view?usp=sharing , it is a custom config that I made based on what I found, something like Genco’s Pixelmanager but less shared :sweat_smile:, you have the looks both as looks and as views in case you want to use some look on top or use it in the compositor, there are also a couple of ARRI looks. I recommend using the EOTF 2.2 display, it was going to be in the official config but it was discarded due to compatibility with filmic workflows.

The render takes a long time for me because my laptop has fairly old hardware (it could also be due to my drivers), it probably crashes when it wants to do denoising because this operation requires a lot of memory as well. Well, maybe one day I’ll get a better one.

I’d really like to leave the render settings at raw and in the compositor convert to Agx or Filmic and apply Punchy or Medium High Contrast to them and pipe them both into a split viewer for an easier time comparing the two. Do you have a way to do that?

Yes, as I said before I added punchy and LDR as view transform(hack) so you can use them in the compositor, if you want to add a Look of your preference you can take that as a reference. According to my OCIO research the looks are applied before the view transform so I put them in that position, you can duplicate all the lines that belong to agx punchy and then replace the look described in !<LookTransform>

Downloads\3D Downloads\Blendswap Downloads\_needs 2.79 review\strawberry 7779\test single strawberry render speed vs instance.blend

batmobile-89-92 27151

Downloads\3D Downloads\Blendswap Downloads\2022-04-02\batmobile-89-92 2715

seems i downloaded this twice

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, Just to let you know I downloaded the file from google drive and put it in the colour management folder and got an error in line 1075 (AGX did not load)

So I took a wild guess and added a couple of spaces before the dash (-) in that line and line 1086 to line them up with the rest.

It worked! I feel like a hacker! :rofl:

Now I have loads of new looks to experiment with :smiley:

3 Likes

Yep, sometimes there are errors with the empty spaces in the previous line before - !<look>, good that you were able to find your solution.

1 Like

blendswap.com plant 21133

1 Like

january 25 2024
gomyson.com has a weather flip card game
is there a framework or already made generic card pair matching game i can use the code from to rebuild this with pictures of the cards?

Listo f 10 words in array
[{english:'frozen', dine:'???', image:'ice4.jpg'}]

How to double up array entries?

AI on the phone gave a plausible solution.

Tue Jan 30 2024
gomyson.com has a section with days/months/and other time vocab mixed together, with voice recordings. At one point on BFSB I had a calendar generator. I could make a calendar that speaks “tuesday january 30” in navajo when a date is clicked.

christmas-balls-scene-3931

3 Likes

1 Like

Google Drive headaches again.

my 3dassets google drive account

add it as 2nd account in google drive windows desktop app

DO NOT choose “My Laptop - Folders from your computer” for this one.

Doing it that way will result in duplicate data (used space) in Google Drive:

Choose “Google Drive - Folders from Drive”

You’ll get a prompt

x

! image|631x500

Conform My Drive folder location
My Drive files will be stored at C:\Users\thinsoldier\My Drive (3dassets@)
Change folder location

Use “Change folder location”. Point it to the already existing folder which was previously already synced to the google drive account.

Confirm location, save, then google drive restarts.

It seems to still be re-uploading every damn file that was previously synced but at least it’s not wasting space on the google account anymore.

Reminder, the VIRTUAL DRIVE LETTER streaming nonsene is avoided by telling it to use a folder - ~/Google Drive BLACK HOLE/streaming 3dassets - to stream files and then setting it to mirror files.

The other account, blender_win@, is using the other option “Computer Name - Folders from your computer” and is pointed at ~/Desktop/GDrive-Blender_win

shit. the 3dassets google account is still showing the contends of ~/Desktop/3dassets/ in both “My Drive” and “Computers/My Laptop/3dassets/”.
I give up. I’m just going to make another account - 3dassets2 - and try again later.
I had to put the “My Laptop” in the “trash”.

1 Like

3D Downloads\archive3d.net Downloads\2024-01-07\Pie N110923

5 Likes

\2024\xp01 use vertex group to define shader node mix\ v4

actually uses materials applied to faces to define a FACE GROUP

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

This one looks extra good! Well done! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t even know what colors are anymore