Transfer UVs or Baking texture ? Help

Hi guys.
Have a big issue, I have these two models, and they are the actual same model, just different shape.
and with different UVs, now I’m trying to transfer the UV’s from the big one to the small one, but seems like I can’t… I tried even maya, but will mess them up.

Alternately, can I bake the texture from the big model to the small one ?
Screen shot here:

They question would be: why do you have one character with two models and different UVs for each… it seems to be you want one model with different shape (keys) and (maybe; but not necessarily) mutliple UVs ?? … Anyway: if the models share the same geometry you may use/read about Data Transfer modifier?

I tried but doesn’t work

Try CRTL+L → copy uv’s

But as Okidoki said, it feels wrong you have 2 models with different UV’s. Where do they come from, why do they have different UV’s in the first place if just the geometry was changed?

Take the org. model, add a shape key, and use proportional editing or sculpting to change the shape. No need to create a different model with a different UV.

In general, you could also bake selected to active, but that’s mostly used to bake high poly to low poly. Or you could bake from one UV to another.

I tried that too, the uvs comes out messed up

I have to use a different set of textures, to adapt the small one.
I’m gonna use the textures from the big model that has different uvs, to the small one that has another set of uvs.

I tried to bake as well, but if the models aren’t the same it wont work, or how do I bake a texture from the big model to the small model ? that would be great actually

I think UV transferring (with Topology mapping) is heavily dependent on Vertex Order. If you somehow changed it (say, by deleting and adding back a single vertex), this option won’t work anymore - UVs will come out looking right at first glance but faces will be in wrong positions.

If you didn’t actually change anything in that small mesh, but just moved vertices around then Data Transfer might still work.

He could try this

First I thought joining the objects and baking one UV onto the other would work but there is no reference between UV and mesh so that won’t do it.

I guess that’s what happened yes. thank you.
I’m already changing the textures manually, which is a pain… Don’t know what to do

link doesn’t exist

OH MY GOD !!! I LOVE YOU !

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! really… oh wow… that totally works !
I don’t know how I can tank you !

Glad I could help but I wouldn’t have come up with it, without the hint about the vertex order.

If you want to you could have a look at our free online editor and leave a post here:

Maybe it’s useful to you to share you model.
I also made a blender add-on to bake ao and Lightmaps to make your model look nice and shiny:

END OF COMMERCIAL BLOCK :slight_smile:

Yes, will do for sure !