Useen Westeros: Summer Isles

The Summer isles are located south of Westeros and Essos and enjoy a warm and wet climate that gives life to many rain forests and towering mountains. The population lived in isolation to the rest of the known world for much of their recorded history. I imagined the islanders to have a really close connection to nature, to be very religious, yet to be very advanced in architecture. They build huge temples on the their holy islands to worship their gods.

This is the third of the three pieces I did for the exhibition “Unseen Westeros”.
Here are the other ones:
Golden Tooth, Widows Watch
The main idea behind this exhibition/art-book is to show all the beautiful places of Game of Thrones we couldn’t see in the series. Me and over 40 artists worked on this ambitious project.
If you are interested in learning more, check out the website: https://unseen-westeros.com

The ruins in the jungle are just simple geo + a remesh modifier set to “blocks” + a bevel modifier and a box mapped shader on top. Really simple and fast! For the water shader i had to fiddle around a little until i got procedural waves that looked like what i had in mind. Overall a bit of back and forth between Photoshop and Blender but overall pretty straight forward and happy with how it turned out.

Hope you guys like it!

thumbnail

11 Likes

Awesome work as always! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like