Vintage antique clock

Hello everyone.
I’m continuing my exploration of 3D and finally ready to show my new game-ready model. This is a vintage wood clock, hand carved in France, 1870. I fell in love with this design at first sight and it was a real challenge for me.
At first I was very worried about the lion’s head, and there were only two questions running through my head: where would I get it or how would I model it!!!smiling_face
For insurance I had a backup plan: instead of the lion to create some other decorative element in the style of this watch, because my skills in sculpting at that time were at zero level.
In the Russian language, there is a proverb: “The eyes are afraid, but the hands do.”, i.e. fear is overcome by action.
YTube helped me figure out sculpting. And I coped!!!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/m8m2Zv

123 Likes

Nice work, especially the second render

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nice job. The fidelity and attention to detail is absolutely perfect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. Yes, I like to work on details))

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow, thank you for paying attention to my work!
And have a good weekend!

1 Like

What a beautiful work ! Bravo !

1 Like

wow. love the clock… very nice

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’m glad you like my work.

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

I applaud your fine work! Very well done. Love the detail.
More please. :blush:

1 Like

Welcome to BA! :confetti_ball:

That’s really excellent!

I’m kinda scared of sculpting myself, but you’re right, there’s no way but doing it. You certainly conquered your worries! :kicks self in the butt:.

2 Likes

Very nice work. I’ve done a lot of actual wood carving and I really appreciated tool marks you put on the ornaments.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you so much! Your comment is very inspiring to develop further in this area!

Very nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, thanks a lot!
Don’t be afraid of anything, you should just start. Especially there are so many tutorials on youtube :+1:

1 Like

Thank you! I am very happy that you appreciated my work!

1 Like

Hi, looking great! What makes these “game ready”? Could you please share details such poly count and textures size?

1 Like

Molodtsy, super!! Vy slyshkom skromnaya; it`s fantastic))

1 Like