WWII radios and some artifacts

map for the channel’s pipelines

happy bl

here is one of the vertical fuel pump

happy bl

here is one system using a giant drum to lay down the pipeline on the ocean floor.

happy bl

happy bl

here is a radio model C-42 use on WWII Jeep

happy bl

wwii hats

happy cl

Ricky my man. OD Green has been around in the U.S. Army since the beginning of time it seems. And, of course OD stands for Olive Drab. Or, so I was told. Your WWII jeep radios are looking amazing but the color somehow concerns me. Even through the accompanying link makes clear the color OD changed in many cases depending on many variables. Not to mention wear and tear on the object or I suppose the theatre of war it was serving in. From North Africa to Holland would have made a difference no doubt. Not to mention the objects being occasionally repainted. But, in the end I will have to defer to you and your research. Once again nice work in my opinion.

http://olive-drab.com/od_mvg_odpaint.php

///

agreed have not found any good RGB values for any color!

and I cannot really use the color picker it does not work well !
are there like some color definition like RGB value

and don’t forget color changes function of light !

let me know if there are some specific RGB values
would be easier to use!

thanks for C & C

I tried to use proper colors but on some models I did not use real colors cause it would mostly hide all the details
so not as interesting from one point of view
understand it is not realist but at least you can see more 3D details!
so sort of a compromise!

happy bl

I did search for US color
and found like the federal color spec 595
but did not find WWII colors !

there are like 20 different shade for each color
so which one you take ? LOL

mind you that still not finding all RGB values for 595 only the one for color camouflage !

I change pic in other post

thanks

here is a military Flashlight

happy bl

Attachments

Ricky - when using the FS 595 colors, copy & paste the hexidecimal value - only way I have got them to look correct.

yes in the nodes color picker pass the hEX value

i also needed this using a script and i found a way to convert hex to RGB but also needed to add a gamma correction to get right values!
but not the equivalent of internal gamma so only an approximation but seem to work fine for now !

The converted color looks pretty close to the FP color shown!

but don’t know if the PDF or wiki page FP color seen on screen is the real color or some Gamma converted or color management added !LOL

but thanks for feedback

happy bl

here are batteries for WWII Walkie-talkie

happy bl

Pick a shade is correct. Ricky even the personal equipment was all over the map. The ammo belt below I would refer to as Khaki unless instructed otherwise and then the pack is darker. The only thing my generation would call OD Green would be the folding entrenchment tool over on the right. Hell it’s almost like it depended on the manufacturer at the time. And, since many items had several manufacturers I doubt if the U.S. Army would have rejected a shipment based on the manufacturer not holding the line exactly on a specific color. That is something they would do in peacetime but not in the fray of WWII.

///

nice pic for accessories !

sorry did not add the manuf name on battery no free PR LOL

the ref pics for the square battery are almost nil i found only one pic
so not certain on the details for that specific battery !

still working on the Walkie-talkie will try to show tomorrow
this was the first Walkie-talkie ever design and that was very high tech at the time
today replaced with cell phone I guess or sat phone!

also working on a script to do most of the old WWII color

note :
@theoldghost

your box PM if filled to the max
you need to select messages and delete them or you cannot receive other messages!

thanks for C& C

here is first version of first ever Walkie-talkie

SCR initially designated "Set, Complete Radio
The Army Signal Corps procured the first SCR-536 radios in 1940. These were built by Galvin Manufacturing,
which changed its name to to the more familiar Motorola in 1943. Between 1940-1945, Motorola build more than 130,000
of these sets. There were six different models, identified by the suffix letter ‘A’ through ‘F’ following the number ‘536’.
The various modifications all functioned identically. The letters "SCR’ stood for ‘Signal Corps Radio.’
it was called the “Handie-Talkie” (HT)

The SCR-536 Radio set is the BC-611 and batteries

Characteristics of the SCR-536 Radio
Weight (complete): 5.5 pounds / 2.5 KG
Power supply: 2 batteries(1 BA-37 & 1 BA-38)
Frequency: AM 3,500 to 6,000 kilocycles
Range: 100 yards to 1 mile
Battery life: 15 hours

happy bl

here is another view

happy bl

Attachments

The SCR-694 radio station as used in many W.W.II US Armoured Fighting Vehicle,
The radio station operates from 12 Volt vehicle battery supply and includes the
BC-603-D Radio Receiver 1942.
BC-604-D Radio Transmitter 1945

happy bl