you know you blend to much when

When you think how long it would take to render the whole universe in bloody YAFRay

• When someone says “air particles” you think “Yeh, they’re EASY to make…”
  • Looking up at the sky (whatever THAT is) you think…“Mmmmm…texture’s not bad…”
  • Someone does something daring… “Wow, that guy’s got some serious metaballs!”

When you get moody because you haven’t moved a vert in several hours.

I forgot one:

When you look at the sky,and see a skydome…and as cristo said, the first thing that comes to your mind is “nice texture”

… when you try and rotate and pan pictures on web sites… it just happened to me:rolleyes:

One day I was going to use Photoshop for an assignment, but after a few minutes it turned off. I tried again and the same thing happened. When I thought about what I was doing, I was trying to save, but with CTRL+W. :stuck_out_tongue:

When you start looking at your hands wondering what you would look like as a bunch of vertices and then you start wondering at the armature behind your skin that makes you move and the crazy animator that made all your custom unique animations on the fly :wink:

when you:

1,Hear a sound in the real world (like glasses hitting each other) and think “oh, that sound was so FAKE! I can do it alot better”

2, When you try to use “A” to select all. or use B to mark somthing.

3,when you look at sombody or somthing, and think; “Oh… How can I UV map that???”

(True talk :D)

When your friends call home and say what’s the hell up with you.

You know when you blend too much when you look around you and think “lol, that doesn’t look realistic at all.”

“… when you keep using Blender hotkeys in another program and wonder why the hell they aren’t working!!!”

Has happened to me several times. Was trying to move a box in OpenOffice or some MS office program by pressing G. Or copying something with Shift-D. :smiley:

Aligorith

When youre not impressed by some movie that everyone thought was amazing.

I think I made the last one of these threads…

Pretty good <cristo> and [Insert l337 talk for xmarshalx here]. True story, when you get an email from your girlfriend “Sooo… what have you been doing latley?”

When you try to use the right mouse button to select stuff, but it comes up with a sub-menu.:rolleyes:

When you get annoyed with programs that dont work like Blender, but before you started properly using Blender complaining about how you wished Blender acted like them. :smiley:

You know you blend too much when…

…it’s the only thing you do (that’s not me, I play Gamecube as well).

When you see a brand on a pair of clothes that’s called “blend” and you wonder what the heck it has to do with blender (seriously. It happened to me this morning ^^ )

True story. I’ve always thought that bump maps on large objects, such as ground/water planes, lood obviously fake. For a while when I’d cross over the lake I’d look down at the water, see that it looks like a bump map effect I played with and scrapped (no longer an issue since I add the water in POV-Ray using isosurfaces), then say “that’s the crappiest looking water I’ve ever seen.”

And I can honestly say, without exaggeration, that for a while when I’d look at my fiancé I would actually see a wireframe overlayed over her head. Unfortunately I could never model her because when I’d get home I’d always forget what the wireframe looked like, and for some reason I didn’t see it when looking at a picture of her, just when I saw her in person.

Have her sit still while you’reon the computer some time, and then try it.

Just to say, whenever I look at anything these days, I watch almost every edge extrude, then turn pink, add a subsurf, then set smooth.

…When you wonder how many radiosity iterations it takes to render your local library.