Achieving Wet Fur Material for Curve Fur in Blender 4.0.1

Hi everyone,

I’m working on creating a character with wet fur in Blender 4.0.1 using the Curve Fur system. I’ve set up the base fur and adjusted some material properties, but I’m struggling to achieve a realistic wet fur look.

Could someone advise on what material properties are most important for creating wet fur (roughness, transparency, etc.)?

Additionally, are there any specific nodes or techniques recommended for achieving a convincing wet fur effect in Curve Fur? Any pointers or resources would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Some older thread

amd some newer (not fur but hair):

I think the challenge is not only the wet material but also the different look when short or long hair gets wet… so:

You may have to elaborate this to get a more suited answer.

1 Like

I don’t understand how to do this yet. I don’t know if anyone knows how to do it. I haven’t seen any tutorials online. I don’t know what to do, Nobody helping me :cry: :cry:

High… Nobody here

Wet hair and also fur just looks darker and more shiny…

Or in general wet surface ( ten years old answer… but stil valid ):

Also as i mentioned: the wet deformation depends on he length of the fur or amount of water.
You also didn’t mention any technique you are upt to ( hair-cards, particles ) or the style ( cartoony, realistic )…

so again:

You may have to elaborate this to get a more suited answer.

1 Like

The key is using the Cluping either in GN-Hair or Particle Hair…
That Brings the strands together at the tip…as if wet.

The shader is two-fold, you need to darken the roots and Highlight the outer surface ( use the roughness in the Principled Hair BSDF)

This is Human hair but the idea should apply to fur as well…

2 Likes