NP Station

@ Juhaw,

Please walk me through this; First I click on the button point_move -> press Ctrl to snap (I get lost -> you press A on keyboard) when click on a vertex it snap to the object. Please type the steps how you select and add those vertices.

Jakroval, check the post number 10 of this thread.

Okavango,

Thanks you, finally I got it.

To be clear for every one: Click on the action button like (Point_Move) -> hit Shift+Tab -> A (to mark it) Click the Middle Mouse Button -> move to others vertices -> A (to mark it) Click the Middle; If you mark 3 point=> find the center of triangle face, 4 points for a rectangle or square, and so on.

well, my attempt to create pie menu for NP Station failed
anybody could help
here is what Iā€™ve got:

Could you please describe how is the problem manifested? What does your console log say?

console: ā€œsearch for unknown operatorā€
key binding appears in the preferences but it doesnā€™t do nothing
it just doesnā€™t work

Hi {- _ -}, try this one. And donā€™t forget to enable NP Station.

Attachments

NP_020_pie_menu.py.zip (1.3 KB)

@Okavango
great, works like a charm
many thanks

you did magnificent job, one of my favorite addons ever

No problem. Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been looking for! Thanks Sir!

Youā€™re welcome, glad if you find it useful.

Wondering if I am missing something but I cannot get NP_Move to work from the tool shelf. If I search for the operator it works, but clicking the button on the tool shelf does absolutely nothing for me :frowning: (as I say works as expected if I search for the command). To be clear the rest of the NP commands are working for me, and produce info if I toggle system console.

I am using 2.79 (for what it is worth). Not using a short cut or anything so it cannot be that something has hijacked the short cut.

Obviously I can work around this, but yeah would be nice if the button did something

Hi sceyefeye,

I will need more info on that, i wasnā€™t able to reproduce the problem on 2.79. For me the command works from the tool shelf. See if you can obtain the exact version of 2.79 that you are using and the console log when the problem occurs.

Hey Okavango

Okay fixed it, uninstall and reinstall. Suddenly happiness. Not sure what or why it was not working, perhaps Blender hand a brain fart with the other addons I install.

But thankfully working again.

Ok, great.

I just found this suite of tools and I am astounded by how helpful they are. They cover many many workflow issues Iā€™ve had with my beloved Blender in assorted architectural jobs. Thank you for your dedicated work and the KILLER PDF documentation.

As an Architect (and a previous 3dsMax user), your addon is a life saver.
Thanks for the hard work and also hope to see it work in blender 2.8
>>Now,I canā€™t live without it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, thanks for the comments, iā€™m glad you like it. I made the addon with the hope it would overcome the workflow issues that @CentralProcess mentions. I also do heavy architectural work with multi app workflows and i migrated from other 3D packages, so this step was inevitable for me.

The CAD topics in Blender are often overlooked and the emphasis is put on art and animation, please feel free to contribute to CAD / precision modelling threads if you find time and energy.

1 Like

Iā€™m doing the same : AutoCAD to Sketchup to Blender for vegetation and render; I just donā€™t have the gut to jump into blender and doing every thing in it. I donā€™t get how the unit in blender work - got stuck in imperial unit.

Yeah, some dayā€¦

About the units issue, there is a ā€˜Unitsā€™ section in the ā€˜Sceneā€™ tab of the Properties, there you can try to change to ā€˜Metricā€™, or ā€˜Noneā€™.
I gave up, i work in generic Blender units now, and try to imagine centimetresā€¦