What is it?
Blender Launcher is a standalone software client that provides with management of downloading and storing stable, daily and experimental builds of Blender 3D. It is a free open source project available for 64-bit Windows and Linux operating systems.
Why I need it?
The goal of Blender Launcher is to make it easier to stay up to date with latest features and improvements of Blender 3D while feeling safe using a stable releases. Been a minimalistic portable application it is a nice tool for organizing and daily use of evolving free and open source 3D creation suite.
What features it has?
Compared to it predecessor Blender Launcher introduces number of major improvements:
- Rewritten from ground up code for better stability and extensibility
- All official builds are available:
- Faster starting times by caching data
- High DPI displays support
- Automatic checking of latest builds
- Fast access of favorite build via tray context menu or by middle click on tray icon
- Register .blend file extension for preferred build
- Create desktop shortcut
- Indication of running builds and its number of instances
Appreciate any feedback and pull requests! Have a good day!