Challenge #793 (31/08/18) Entries CLOSED

Theme #793 for Friday 31th of August 2018 is:

Party

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Tue, Sep 4, 2018 12:30 AM (Europe: Paris), Mon, Sep 3, 2018 3:30 PM (America: Los Angeles))

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Let’s all celebrate Millani’s one year anniversary with this theme :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy One Year Millani! Without a doubt your art has improved insanely! I see a lot of parallels in your style to Helge. Awesome stuff.

I wanted to go back an have a look at some WEC art from a year ago, but to my horror it’s gone. Let’s start a campaign to try and get the BA people to fix that, what’s the point of a forum if your stuff is gone a year later? Is there a thread to flood or bump?

I’ve been real busy, but this week I had a morning free for a head sculpt. WIP:

“No Good Deed”

#ignore
edit: I had to add fake canvas space in either side the same color as BA’s background, or it would crop my image.

4 Likes

Aww, thank you! Being compared to Helge is quite the compliment :slight_smile:

Yes, this one.

Ok thanks, I replied to @bartv in the thread an encouraged him to keep working on the old WEC links.

I hate to ask people to keep bumping the thread and bothering them, but it’s been a long time now, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Hi all!

Couldn’t produce a satisfying entry myself last week, but gladly I was impressed by many other nice entries. Very anxious to find out what you will come up this weeks contest.

My entry is called ‘Something Cheerful’. All modeled within Blender, colorcorrections done in PS. Pure I think. Hope u guys like it a bit;

7 Likes

“An artificial birthday”

pure, rendered in Eevee @250 Samples, DOF effect added with GIMP

6 Likes

Bringing the party favors

Non-competing

Cycles, 512 samples, filmic, hdri lighting, Generate plates add-onn ($), Paintshop Pro, image filter software for border

A little influenced by Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These. A lot of people hate CG mixed in traditional cell animation but I like it. About a 30 minute build and 4 minute render so not much to it.

The hdri is one I made using Mark Kingsnorth’s space nebula node.

3 Likes

“Birthday Fail”

Non competing. Cycles, 5000 samples.

8 Likes

“Party of Four”

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples)

11 Likes

Party at 12 o’clock

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples, procedural textures, compositing in Blender.

4 Likes

Which kind of party

Title: “You’re A party”
Pure
very quick entry. Family is in town this week. Scraped this together in a half hour.

4 Likes

House

Pure entry: 500 samples. For laziness’ sake, I went for a cartoony style. This takes me back to my trolls: http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Trolls.Party-Trolls.html.

3 Likes

“Party’s Over”

Pure entry.

Edit: I had some more time to spend on this so I made the textures much nicer and change the color and intensity of the fireworks that illumate the wider scene. I think this is a much more “cinematic” take on the original, even if it still doesn’t make much sense. :slight_smile:

Cycles, 512 samples, denoised, procedural materials.

3 Likes

Here is my non-competing entry:

CROSSING PARTY LINES

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

Inspired by those folks who can go beyond party-line politics in potentially unpopular yet morally justified support of an idea or cause that transcends typical political / partisan agendas and tendencies.

Sometimes this results in what is more popularly known as “bipartisanship.”

Some links for more information…

Definition of Cross-Party

RobertT

3 Likes

‘Dancing’ with the aliens. :grinning: ‘12 o’clock’ isn’t about the time, but the direction (which means ahead/in front of you).

“Monkey Party”

Pure entry
30k samples thanks to SheepIt render farm

4 Likes

This is starting to become a habit for me getting entries in so late and only coming up with ideas late. I am not going to say it’s my age… Ummmm where was I? Oh yeah if I get the chance tomorrow before the deadline I will be giving this one a higher sample render and maybe add a couple more things to the tea table. But for now here it is…

Pure Entry 500 samples, filmic, denoise and going to call this one

“Tea Party Gathering”

7 Likes

Beautiful colours and lighting :+1: