Human Progress

10 posts were split to a new topic: Animal Head topology WIP

All prettied up for the new skin products launch.

37 Likes

Canā€™t believe sheā€™s made up of polygon

Looks amazing, @ChrisJones! You just keep upping the bar of quality. How do you do it?

Canā€™t wait to see and load the updates to your Universal Human.

Have you gotten your Microsoft account lock issue fixed yet? Such a pity that trivial issues like this are taking up your time, when youā€™re so skilled at working on infinitely more interesting things (like what youā€™ve shown here).

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah that killed a lot of time and momentum, but itā€™s fixed now.

3 Likes

Hi Chris.
Do you still use and old potate pc, or have you gotten a pro computer now?

Looks fantastic! Are the lips texture procedural or handpainted? Iā€™ve been trying to make a semi-realistic procedural lip texture but doesnā€™t look very good :grimacing::sweat_smile:

@luginugi Old potato still.

@AndyCuccaro Hand painted.

Ah, bummer. Thanks!

Damn, dudeā€¦ :astonished:

2 Likes

Can I ask if this is going to be by itself or in some kind of bundle with everything? I have the body rig and was saving for the face rig, so I was wondering if you know how youā€™ll release it currently.

By itself initially. The idea was to separate things that can work as standalones, and are relatively easy to separate and recombine. Then there would be bundled, preassembled versions that could be upgraded to when you have the required components. Nothingā€™s set in stone though.

The Face Rig will be going up a little bit in price very very soon by the way (unless my account gets locked again)ā€¦

Okay, thanks! And thank you for the warning about price.

Hi Chris.
Can Universal Human Skin Shader be used in third party models such as the Daz model? so i use dazā€™s model and i use Universal Human Skin Shader to get realistic skin shader?

you can use any skin shader in any character model, but if you want to use the same textures used there, you must make thethe same or similar uv maps as the original universal human uv maps to fit the textures perfectly as possibleā€¦

pro tip: if you model has naturally same topology, edge flow, and density you could use a uv map transfer with data transfer modifierā€¦ perhaps it wont work for the rest of the body/face, anyways you will have to do it manually, good luck with thatā€¦

and make sure you character object has the same scale as the universal one, since some settings like SSS and some vectors from procedural textures may get broken or overscaled if your model doesnt have the same scale (fit as close as possible to the height of the universal human, it doesnā€™t need to be perfect of course)ā€¦ and make sure you apply the scale and any rotation perhaps after the fact!!!..

5 Likes

yeah thx for answer my question

1 Like

@zann To add to what @MichaelBenDavid said, this might be of interest:

I donā€™t remember the exact process, but Iā€™m pretty sure I baked the textures in Blender 2.79.

@Undercrasher There are any number of ways to relocate topology, but I use Rotate Edge a lot. If you just want to sliding the mesh to that spot without changing the topology, Slide Relax in Sculpt mode would be one way to do it (it might be worth trying the Modeling support section for these types of questions by the way).

1 Like

Speaking of baking, I included my displacement baking workflow in the documentation accompanying my latest releases (under Sculpting and Baking Wrinkle Maps), which should be useful for more general displacement map baking purposes as well.

3 Likes

eddie got sexy :heart: :heart: :heart:

perfection

Nice, thx Chris! Insta buy.

1 Like