keKit for Blender (2.8+)

Pies are only a very small part of what Pie Menu Editor does, and relevant to your post: it does macros!

It has a macro recorder? Where?

JFYI :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi @Kiellog, Iā€™m getting some errors when trying to export the settings.

This one when I try to save from the side-panel

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\32496\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\kekit\_prefs.py", line 419, in execute
    bpy.ops.ke.kit_keymap(mode="SAVE")
  File "D:\Blender\stable\blender-3.0.0+stable.f1cca3055776\3.0\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\32496\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\kekit\_prefs_keymap.py", line 67, in execute
    ki.idname == "wm.call_menu_pie" and ki.properties.values()[0] in ke_wm_pies):
TypeError: 'IDPropertyGroupViewValues' object is not subscriptable

location: D:\Blender\stable\blender-3.0.0+stable.f1cca3055776\3.0\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:132

This one when I try to export from the addon settings:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\32496\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\kekit\_prefs_keymap.py", line 67, in execute
    ki.idname == "wm.call_menu_pie" and ki.properties.values()[0] in ke_wm_pies):
TypeError: 'IDPropertyGroupViewValues' object is not subscriptable

I hope these can help you figure it out, because Iā€™d love to move my settings to my new computer, and preferably not by hand :sweat_smile:

Which version of keKit are you using? (Those lines look old, and do not match the latest version. Make sure to overwrite all the old kekit files?)

Iā€™m on 1.459 on this computer. Youā€™re saying updating might fix this? Just didnā€™t want to risk breaking anything in my setup before I export!

Probably. You can always backup your ā€œappdataā€ version folder first ;>
(C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\Version)

1 Like

Does multicut support cut selected faces only?
Canā€™t get it to work like the kekit direct loop

No, not at the moment - youā€™d have to use the blender default method for now = hide unselected faces (and then run multicut)

@Kiellog
Hi!
What do you think about removing triangles after Context Connect face loop with Square Corners on?
in ke_contextops.py after line 794:

bmesh.update_edit_mesh(me)

if self.square:
                bpy.ops.mesh.select_more()
                bpy.ops.mesh.tris_convert_to_quads()
                bpy.ops.mesh.select_less()

or maybe as a additional checkbox to prevent some unexpected cases

3 Likes

Sure, Iā€™ll have a look! Edit: Done, just had to add the one line ;>

2 Likes

hi everyone! keorient pie doesnt work in aramture edit mode. is it bug or kinda something wrong on my side?

Can confirm, looks like a bug, Iā€™ll check it out.

1 Like

Reg. the filled curve Framing (in object mode, works in Edit Mode), it seems this is an issue with vanilla blender commands (Frame Selected) as well (and as I use them, not much I can do about it ;> Feel free to file a bug-report at BF tho!)

TLDR; will not fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ youā€™re right! It looks like the default Frame Selected has that bug. Thanks for checking this out!

A question and probably proposal for keKitt.
Lets say we have a ā€œliveā€ model with modifiers and booleans:

How would you place the 3D cursor straight between 2 faces?

We cant have access to them in Edit mode as long as the modifiers arenā€™t applied.

Is there a fast/efficient solution for that or an addon? I know one addon but itā€™s bugged for users who use Maya Alt-navigation.

i recommend to use modifreeze (with unfreezing after placing cursor) in such a case

1 Like

I donā€™t focus much on bool-modifier workflows as there are already a lot of add-ons for this (and I donā€™t really use such workflows myself) There should be add-ons with features for these things, as impacman suggested perhaps (I never heard of it ;> )

Thank you for mentioning Modifreeze! Iā€™ve never heard of it and the addon is quite interesting - I see a couple of use cases. Though using it for placing the 3D cursor isnā€™t so fast unfortunately:

1. freeze
  2. enter edit mode
  3. select 2 faces, place 3D cursor
  4. return to object Mode
  5. unfreeze

Itā€™s almost the same amount of actions as known method:

1. duplicate the mesh with applied modifiers.
  2. enter edit mode
  3. select 2 faces, place 3D cursor
  4. return to object mode
  5. delete the mesh

A good solution could be:

1. activate a tool
  2. select 2 faces, place 3D cursor
  3. deactivate the tool

Prob some hotkeying + Pie-menuing could helpā€¦

1 Like

Well, I thought of it not as part of bool-modifier workflow but as part of your cursor tools and keSnapAling pie-menu :slight_smile:

But if it isnā€™t interesting for you I canā€™t insist. Especially as there is already the addon, even bugged. I think a developer of the addon can fix it someday.