MESHmachine

PS: We are all waiting for the next MESHmachine release/update.

7 Likes

Well payed!..i concur!

The sale on Blender Market ends today. Last chance to get 25% off!

1 Like

I made this post:

So I like to use blender to model fabrication projects. IT looks like you all are using this to make animated robots for games ? So I am trying to figure all this stuff out and I think I am missing some concepts.
Maybe I need to use it in 2.79 util the documentation catches up. ?

I paid for it, added it to 2.81 but having a hard time finding specific instructions that tell me how to use it. The videos I watch do not match what I have. The preferences are different. I do not see “modals” or even know what they are. The documentation in writing does not give step by step do this then do that.
so this video found in this doc helped me
https://machin3.io/MESHmachine/docs/fuse/

Using Blender 2.81, and MESHmachine is working fine here. After installation, could you restart Blender. Same issue(s)? If so, could you provide the following info, so I (or we) get an idea what the situation is:

• In the viewport, when pressing Y, do you get a pie menu with plugs? (Object view)
  • Select an object, go in Edit mode, press Y, do you get MESHmachine’s menu?
  • Could you provide a screenshot of your preferences > MESHmachine?
  • What specific instruction are you looking for?
1 Like

MESHmachine works flawlessly in 2.81. The documentation will be updated for the 0.7 release, but is 99% accurate right now.

The preferences have been simplified and do no longer feature the modal settings. This was a transitional feature from a time where tools where not modal.
There is no reason for this to be a show stopper leading to you not being able to understand how MM works. Just skip that part in the preferences video.

I’ve replied to you yesterday on youtube, two times, and now in your new thread.

MESHmachine is a collection of mesh modeling and normal editing tools. It is highly recommend to go through the official documentation, ideally from top to bottom.

The pages in the docs are structured in a logical fashion, and EVERY SINGLE feature, has its own page with a narrated video. The videos absolutely do go into “do-this-then-that” level of detail and explain how to use the tools/features.

What the docs do not do, is give you “do-this-then-that” instructions on how to build a robot, but that’s never been the intention nor the promise.

MESHmachine is not an animation tool. It’s a general modeling toolset, you can use to build whatever you like, robots for games included.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from MESHmachine:

Are there any sales coming up or are there any discount for buying them together? I want to get MESHmachine and DECALmachine because I am trying to improve my modeling workflow but can’t afford to purchase both.

Not only does Machin3 create some of the most clever, powerful, and well designed tools I’ve ever used in any 3D program, but his documentation videos are excellent, and updated whenever it’s required to reflect updated tools/workflows.

9 Likes

Send me a mail.

Thank you!

It’s true. :grin: credit where it’s due. :+1:

2 Likes

What is your email? Is it the [email protected] email?

Hey man, is there a specific reason that normal transfer is greyed out? My stash is just a duplicate without holes cut out. Thanks.

These are the conditions for it to be available:

if context.mode == 'EDIT_MESH':
            active = bpy.context.active_object
            if active and active.MM.stashes and active.mode == "EDIT":
                bm = bmesh.from_edit_mesh(active.data)
                return len([v for v in bm.verts if v.select]) >= 1

So you need to be in edit mode, need to have at least one stash and need to have at least one vert selected.

For more info, see https://machin3.io/MESHmachine/docs/normal_transfer/

Thanks, I’ve done all of this, following your documentation video. Even from a simple example I’m trying right this minute the transfer option is greyed out.

Time to get support then: https://machin3.io/MESHmachine/docs/faq/#get-support

Thanks. I’ll link a GIF too. :+1:

1 Like

Send the blend as well please.

1 Like

Since I made a video, why not post it here as well. With some notes, maybe it helps others:

• the object you are working on does NOT have a stash
  • you have a second, hidden object with itself as a stash in the scene
  • you can tell because the stash HUD is missing for the object you are working on, and becasue the View/Clear Stashes tools are greyed out
  • unhide the normal source object and stash it TO the object you are working on
  • since your normal source is a bit bigger, choose the PROJECTED mapping method when transfering the normals for better fitting normals
5 Likes