New release is available at Blender Market!
- faster rendering
- render current or all visible point clouds
- optional shuffle when joining points
- optional basic uv layout generation for Convert (mesh based result)
- Convert to vertex mesh with pcv-normal and pcv-color attributes (to be used with Geometry Nodes)
it’s small update this time…
some notes as usual:
- rendering is faster due to new method of setting pixel values from buffer, i see generally 4x faster rendering, but it may depend on how many points you are rendering and what is image size of renders.
- rendering of all visible clouds with either alpha shader or adjusted global alpha looks strange when transparent points are in front of other points, it does not blend properly. i will try to solve this in future. for now please don’t render multiple transparent point clouds…
- conversion to geometry nodes creates vertex only mesh with attributes. you can then use it for example to instance another mesh on points, rotate using normal attribute, but you can’t colorize instances by color (as far as i know), once i find way to do that, i will update it to create also node system with instancing and colors. if anyone happen to know a way to colorize mesh instances generated by geometry nodes in their current state, i would be very happy to learn that…