In this series will be doing different types of high quality architectural scenes in Eevee with tips and comments about the problems and solutions in creating realistic ArchViz in Eevee. The series includes a collection examples from ArchViz scenes in Cycles from Evermotion, Chocofur and others as basis to convert to Eevee.
My workflow and tips for realistic rendering are available in a number of my posts:
- Classroom benchmark classroom cycles to eevee.
- Realistic glass in Eevee realistic glass.
- For proper setting for shadows see link on Light Leaks.
- Lighting workflow see HDR lighting.
- Multiple or nested IRVs see link on Nested IRV’s.
- Do a Cycles render pay close attention to the lighting specially the shadows. Shadows can be sometimes difficult to create accurately in Eevee but are critical for realistic rendering. Lastly material differences like glass. This will be good a reference starting point for your Eevee scene.
- Tips for flicker free animation see walkthrough animation.
- Tips on setting up IRV probe samples for better accuracy and avoiding intersecting scene objects. In addition tips on Multi room IRV’s probe setup IRV samples setup and Multi-Room.
I will start the series with three scenes from Evermotion Volume 43 and continue with a couple of scenes from Chocofur.
Edit on 06/01/2019: Updated link on nested IRV’s.
Edit on 07/13/2019: Updated scenes and comments with Blender RC. Improve a number of scenes and added a few more Chocofur scenes.
Edit on 10/02/2019: Updated scenes and comments with Blender 2.81. Improve a number of scenes and added tips for flicker free animation walkthrough.
Edit on 05/31/2020: Added Chocufur interior scene 06 and update with Blender 2.90. New tips in IRV samples setup and Multi-Room IRV.
Edit on 08/02/2020: Added two new scenes from Entity Designer. The “Warm Bathroom” and “Dark Interior Scene”.