Resilience Satelle

Hello friends!
Long time we don’t write! :slight_smile:

We had a series of client work, our son started his school life and we didn’t had any time for Resilience Satelle.

Talking about our son, I’ve accidentally found, on his stuff, a bit of the storyboard for Resilience Satelle, that I’ve drawn with his pencils :sweat_smile: Next week we may have time to get back!

Until then, best regards
Rogério

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Hello hello … I’m back !!
I apologize for the absence, but I had some work I needed to do.
Today I was able to return to the project again! :slight_smile:
This is the outline of a new house for the Moget’s village … it is still in the beginning but I hope to develop more tomorrow.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

glad to see youre back!

1 Like

Yay! Looking forward to following your updates again!

1 Like

Hello, I’m also very happy to be back :smile: Thanks

I will try to be active for a while, thank you for the support :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I have managed to advance a little further in the new house. The roofs are already detailed and the doors and windows are in place.
Tomorrow I will make more details!

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello friends!
My wife has reach the 3 consecutive posts limit, so I’m posting on her behalf:

Hello guys!

Today I continued the new house that I have been developing. I place the wood on the wall differently, the roof support bars and started making the fences. I hope tomorrow I have finished the modeling.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I finished another house for the village.
It is simpler than the others because it will not have much focus on the story, but I tried to give it a personal touch.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

WorkingDisplacement WorkingDisplacement_V2
I found a promising shader / geometry displacer that is future proof, reasonably fast (when used in moderation) and compatible with all the Resilience Satelle original shaders.

It was created by and shared at Gumroad by Ben, this gentleman:
https://gumroad.com/l/WDCRp
Thank you very much!

It uses a similar method that was used on the video game “Shadow of the Colossus” for the giants fur.
I’ve been testing every single Eevee displacement shader and this one feels that can actually be used for production. It’s also compatible with most objects and also looks good from any angle.
Activate and deactivate can be made using a simple array modifier and even allows morphing effects.

It really only breaks apart in ultra extreme close ups that any end user will never have any chance to see.

This one will work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, your work is insane, hope you can enjoy it until the end :slight_smile:

I am interested in a feedback, considering all the work you’ve done in a year, how much have you seen yourself making progress? How does it feel to look at things you’ve done at the beginning? Do you have a lot of things you think need to be redone?

1 Like

Hello @Zelfior!
Thank you very much for your comment! I’m really happy you’re enjoying the progress! :slight_smile:

how much have you seen yourself making progress?

Ok, so I’m actually a blender apprentice since 2001 and a professional Blender artist since 2009 (I don’t do anything else… I probably don’t even know to do anything else :sweat_smile: ) …and I still learn something new every single day :slight_smile: … But, not as much as on my apprentice days. Just little tricks, here and there, that save us one or 2 minutes when making a task.

These days are mostly all about optimizing the procedures to meet the goals/deadlines of each project and making it profitable for all parties involved.
I would say that I never learned as much like in the Opel GT days, regarding modelling, and Orion Tear days regarding animation, texturing and simulation.

How does it feel to look at things you’ve done at the beginning?

After 2009, I like everything I made… actually from 2009 until 2012 was the time I made everything technically perfect. I’ve worked for companies that would allow me to take the time to actually bring each piece to the perfect topology and such :slight_smile:
These days I feel that I mostly make rushed things. The clients are happy because the appearance is more important than the technicality… but the geek in me would like to have each square just perfect every single time :stuck_out_tongue:

The stuff I made from 2001 until 2009 is just plain bad by my today standards. But it was the stuff that made me what I am today, so I respect it.

Do you have a lot of things you think need to be redone?

These days we do stuff (like you can see on Resilience Satelle) in a way that we never need to redo a thing. We always ensure that anything can be progressively refined/improved.
We build everything in an Titanium solid simple base and we progressively improve on top… until the results meet the project budget and/or deadline.

After almost 18 years of Blender, I’ve tried it all, all ways, all methods, all procedures, so we now know exactly how to do the base for each project type (movies, games, renderings, etc). We often work in 3 different bases. Resilience Satelle uses the movies one.

Because Resilience Satelle doesn’t have a deadline we just keep improving it, having as limitation just the hardware we have. As soon we actually get a budget for it and a fixed deadline, then we’ll need to decide exactly how much is good enough :slight_smile:

Any other question let me know that I’ll try to reply it a.s.a.p.

2 Likes

Hello guys!

We haven’t been giving feedback on the project for a long time, have we?
Well, I’m back: D
We have been absent due to some work that has appeared to us and that occupies all of our time, but now we have found a space to continue the project.
Today I bring you a bridge to join the crosswalks in the Moget’s village.
Tomorrow I will put the textures.
I hope you can enjoy it as well as we do: P

I hope you are all well and healthy!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

4 Likes

Hello guys!

Here I leave you the bridge, which ended yesterday, already on the scene.
I started today, a new object that will be used to decorate the village crosswalks.
This will be a street lamp.
It is not yet complete but I hope that Monday has already finished it.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello friends!
I apologize very much for the long absence!

I’ve been wanting for a long time to share this picture with you all:

The camera quite doesn’t make it justice as it blends the details, but I’ve finally received from Elizabeth Boudreau (link to her in the credits of the first page) the original drawing of the Resilience Satelle logo, with the characters in her unique and gorgeous style.

Due to Portuguese customs politics, this drawing took quite a bit to arrive.
It was already complete in the day I made the first post here, but only recently it arrived to my hands.

There is a shot where Moget draws a story on his notebook, children’s book style, and this was the look I was envisioning for it to have… so, if we eventually get there, I’ll return to her to make it happen :slight_smile:

Until next time!
Rogério

4 Likes

Hello friends!
Waterfalls now have true displacement for the foam:

If you’ve been following this you’ll know that is the Ben displacement method. It displaces only the foam on top of the water and it does comes with some expense, but the results really worth’s it.
On these screenshots you see the water stopped, but in motion, with motion blur on, this really looks outstanding :slight_smile:
Besides that @Rute_Perdiz has complete the lighting poles that she was working on and this is how the main street is looking now:

Until next time! :slight_smile:
Rogério

1 Like

Hello guys!

First of all, I apologize for the delay in placing here the evolution of the objects that I have been developing.
Today I bring you two new ones.
The street light, which I drew from some references, but the idea was totally original. All it is in wood containing only two candles to light, one above and one below.
I also have the city sign that I just finished today.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
After some period as a “secret” link for the Big Fans, seeing that the Trello cards are working real nice, I’ve added them right to the 1st post. That way you’ll know exactly what we are doing and what is going to be made next :slight_smile:

…I was doing this already on my paper notebook, so this is just for making it publicly.

I’m also considering releasing all the models with the final movie under the same licence (CC BY-SA).
Also! If you have any idea of how to make this project even more open and useful, don’t be a stranger :wink:

Best regards
Rogério

2 Likes

Hello friends!
@Rute_Perdiz is making the direction signs :slight_smile: I though you would fancy a sneak peek:

On her next post she will show a complete list of the signs that will be scattered all over the “Moget town”.
…Notice how well this one frames the waterfall on the background :smirk_cat: Ho Yes! That is the amount of though we place on this things:

Best regards
Rogério

1 Like

loving the stream of updates are back! so much yes on those light posts, maybe i just dont get out enough, but having a light at the base really impressed me :grin:

1 Like