Resilience Satelle

Hey guys!

Today I started to model the new character that I sketched for the village.
I managed to finish the sweater, skirts and bodice.
Tomorrow I will make the scarf and go to the shoes.
Then I will detail all the elements better.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Unreal Engine 5

Is out to early preview and can be now downloaded.
Will make a thorough investigation a.s.a.p. to determine if Resilience Satelle can run on it.

Hey guys!

Today I finished the scarf and some details on the character’s clothes.
I had already started modeling the shoes, but as I haven’t finished them yet, tomorrow I will show them.

I think that tomorrow I will be able to start modeling the hat, and later this week I will start painting.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

You already have a base on unreal engine 4? The guys who work on BFME reforged already claim to have transfered it to UE5, so it should work well

I still haven’t started the porting to the game engine! I’ve been unsure in which game engine I should proceed Unreal Vs Unigine, so I’ve been waiting for UE5 to start the porting.

…Unfortunately, UE5 seems not to want to build in Linux! :neutral_face: :expressionless:
edit: Hummm my Clang was outdated! Trying again!
Edit2: Nope! It doesn’t build on Linux Mint 20.1
Edit3: Builds but Nanite and Lumen aren’t supported for Linux, just windows and consoles.

Ok, so having read a lot of UE5 documentation, by now…

Seems possible to port Resilience Satellite models to Unreal Engine 5, which actually seems to allow for great improvements to them, as now we will no longer have triangle count limits… Specially for the rocks on the mountains we could use the Quixel library rocks and real roof tiles for the houses and all of that!

:thinking: Regarding Linux lack of support for Lumen and Nanite, I guess we can use a virtual machine to install Windows just to run Unreal Engine 5… but anyway, both our computers are very outdated (one has 9 years old and the other almost 7), so they can’t run Lumen or Nanite even so :neutral_face:

We’re stuck in a tech Limbo.

1 Like

Hey guys!

First of all, I apologize for the absence, as I had some work to do.
Today I managed to finish the witch’s boots and started the hat.
I haven’t finished it yet, but I hope that tomorrow is already over.
As soon as I finish, I will then prepare the character to be painted.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hey guys!

Today I finished the complete modeling of the character.
I managed to detail the hat.
Next step will be to simplify the modeling to be able to paint.
I’m going away for a few days because I’ll have some work to do.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

I have all kind of news, Good, bad and so so :slight_smile:

On Wednesday my Nvidia Titan X with 12Gb of ram died after 6 years on the line of duty!
In these days of madness… Hardware shortage (you decide how you prefer to call it), I was only able to buy an Nvidia 2060 with 6Gb as the replacement and even so insanely overpriced.

The thing is that Resilience Satelle was using “every part of the buffalo” of the Titan X and was making good use of all its available memory. Now with just half of it :face_with_thermometer:

@Rute_Perdiz will continue developing the characters, but I’m now a bit more constrained than before on the scene assembly and enhancement of it.

Brother project:
…We’re considering making a new demo scene, a small 1 to 2 minutes (maximum) fast-paced action short animation… something in a very tinny set :slight_smile: more prepared to 6Gb cards, as both I and Rute have now a 2060 and 1060 (respectively) with 6Gb of ram… something really well made, at Pixar level, to try to lift our image a bit, prove that we know what we’re doing and hopefully… bring all the attention again to Resilience Satelle and gain more interest from potential investors, so we can renew all our entire hardware.

When a door closes… we cut the wall and keep on the path :sweat_smile: :cowboy_hat_face:
Best regards
Rogério

3 Likes

Hey guys!

Today I went back to working on the character.
I started to join and simplify the geometry so that I could paint.
Monday I will start painting and thus finish the character completely.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Edit:
Real Rogério now writting:
This is what happens when you need to use the wife computer while your’s malfunctioning :laughing: I left the account turned on and now @Rute_Perdiz shared this post thinking that she was login on her account! I apologize for the mistake! :slight_smile:

Stay persistent! Even with setbacks, I’m impressed by all you’ve managed to accomplish. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey @ArtAvenue !
Thank you very much for your encouragement! Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face: :hugs:
No worries, we won’t stop and we won’t quit either, we just need to slow down a bit, to snail velocity, but as soon we gain traction again we’ll have this going faster than a Lancia Delta HF Integrale on a gravel road! :laughing:

3 Likes

Hey guys!

Today I started painting the textures for the character.
I managed to finish the scarf and I’m still choosing the colors to use for the rest of the accessories.
I’m counting on finishing it completely this week.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hey guys!

Today I was detailing the character’s shirt.
As they are light colors I had some difficulty finding the ideal shade to match. But there I got it :slight_smile:
Tomorrow I will continue.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hey guys!

Today I managed to finish all of the character’s clothes.
I detailed the skirts, sweater and gloves.
Tomorrow I will continue to work on the boots and then the hat.
I hope to finish this week.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hey there friends!
Here is @Rute_Perdiz report of yesterday, due to the 3 consecutive posts limit she couldn’t made the update:

Hey guys!

Today I managed to finish the shoes and started the hat, which is also almost finished.
I’ll just detail the accessories a little more and finally I’ll paint the character’s fur.
I hope to finish the painting this week.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

She by now has completed the character by the way, but due to busy days she will make the update later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello friends!
Introducing one more character concept for Resilience Satelle:

His name is Luso and will also be the star of the special short animation, that we are making dedicated to him: " Clash On Little Pond ", which we are also sharing all the progress here on the forum.

Clash on Little Pond will be our attempt to Demo Resilience Satelle graphics and animation quality.
Luso will be the 5th playable character for Resilience Satelle, being the most athletic one.

Until next time!
Best regards
Rogério

3 Likes

Hello friends!
I hope you had a great time! I sure did!

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
These last 2.5 months I had the great pleasure to have worked, for the first time, on the post-production of an actual Hollywood movie. All thanks to submarine.nl, a production company in Amsterdam that develops and produces feature films, documentaries, animation, and transmedia.

From my point of view, I’ve been giving a hand in their Layout department, tackling awesome challenges, and making new friends!

I was mostly responsible for setting up several technicalities such as:

• Determine the position of the virtual camera;
  • Consider a shot’s framing, composition, camera angle, camera path, and movement;
  • The rough lighting and global appearance of each shot;

All this was intended to preview the final look of a shot and ensure that all the future departments had a good work basis, to bring the final vision to life while maintaining visual and emotional consistency through all the scenes.

I had a blast and made a bunch of new friends! :slight_smile:
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Unfortunately for Resilience Satelle that meant I virtually had no time to work on it!
I now had and got back to it immediately! :cowboy_hat_face:
As you can see, I’ve followed the above silhouette of Luso’s concept and detailed it substantially more through the art of sketching! :sweat_smile:

Next comes the painting procedures and hopefully it will be ready for modeling!
Until next time!
Best regards
Rogério

3 Likes

Introducing the approved version (by @Rute_Perdiz and our son Salvador) of Luso Rana.

2 Likes

Hey Rogério !

Crazy and nice, congrats !

1 Like