Watch Tower Homage

Last week I saw a piece by Petr Vetecnik (Vetech82 on Deviantart) called Wachtower in Blendernation’s Best of Blender Artists: 2021-08 that I liked quite a bit. It is a low poly diorama that I thought I should like to try in my own style. Here is my result! I welcome comments.

70 Likes

Hi Karl, remaking the Wachtower in different style made me super happy :grinning: I really like it and to be honest and I am not happy saying that, I like your tower better than my lowpoly tower :grinning:

1 Like

I’m glad you like it, and thanks so much! :raised_hands: It’s funny that you would like mine better. They are two wildly different styles. It’s kind of hard to compare them. For what’s worth, my four year old loves the fish and their underwater cave in yours :laughing:

1 Like

ooouu :grinning:, finally someone discovered the “secret” cave :smiley: say BIG hello to your kid :grinning:

1 Like

Love the style,
Looks a bit like Rapunzel’s tower TBH
Like the style, great modelling
TIP: Add some Volumes, like clouds or fog, make it look a bit unreal

2 Likes

Thank you! I will need to revisit the scene at some point to add floating dust and volumetric effects. The original intent was to do so. I have been without my actual Blender rig this week. This was almost too much for the poor little laptop I used for it! :joy:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart!:grinning:

1 Like

I have created a turntable animation of the scene. It’s not very polished from behind, but turntables are always cool!

1 Like

Also, who doesn’t like a good time-lapse!?

1 Like

Very lovely :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m glad you like it!

This looks really great. I’m a big fan of these sorts of pieces.

The water section… the grass… all really nice.

1 Like

:raised_hands: Thanks so much :grin: This is actually my first attempt at such a scene!

I want to try one now… You need a warning on this (may be addictive)

1 Like

LOL Warning: engaging in art may cause excessive day dreaming and distraction from all other functions of life, causing hours to simply vanish.

Do it!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

So cool! Thanks!

1 Like

It strongly reminds me of the miniature sculptures that my mother used to collect. Very nicely done.

1 Like

great, congratulations

1 Like