Hi, guys, for the past couple of weeks I’ve been working on a new addon for creating fast, procedural weight maps (vertex groups) that can be edited in the form of layers:
Some of the features are:
- Customisable layer system
- Ability to bake layers down to vertex groups
- Ability to output result to any attribute (vertex groups, vertex colours, geo nodes attributes)
- Ability to use interactive weight painting at any point in the layer stack
- Ability to use the same layer stack on multiple objects, and edit them all at once
- Works with Blender 2.93 and 3.0
Currently, these are all of the layers included in the addon:
But if you have any ideas for new ones, I’d love to hear them!
On heavy meshes, the addon can start to slow down, especially if there are a lot of other geometry node systems on it, so to stop this, you can also turn on manual refresh mode, and update the output with the click of a button.
You can get the addon here (just type in 0 to the price box to get it for free:)
One last thing is that I’m going to be away for the next couple of weeks, so if you find any bugs, I won’t be able to fix them until I get back.
I hope you like it