What's happening to this forum group now that the BGE is out of Blender?

Um. Where exactly has this determination been voiced? Aside from @Monster’s response near the start of this thread, I’m the only other moderator who’s responded here… and both of us have been around for a while (we’re not “new forum owners”).

If something were determined and decided, we’d have done it already. This is an important topic and worth discussing without off-topic posts and incorrect assumptions.

Personally, there’s a lot of allure to merging most the Game Engine categories with other similar categories on the forum. There are a lot of benefits to taking that approach, both for users and for moderators. It would be a lot of work do that, but I’m willing to do it. However, I’d like to have more feedback here about that idea. Let’s call this an official proposal. What I’m suggesting is this:

• Game Engine Support and Discussion - Move Support-related topics to the Support section as its own category and rename to just “Game Engine”. Topics would revolve around the BGE and UPBGE, preferably with tagging to help differentiate. Discussion-related topics would be moved to Blender and CG Discussions in the General Forums.
  • Works in Progress and Game Demos - Move all of these threads to the existing Works In Progress category in the Artwork section. Use the added bge and upbge tags here to help differentiate from other WIPs
  • Finished Games - Move all of these threads to Finished Projects in the Artwork section. Use those new tags here, too
  • Team Projects - I’m open to suggestions with this category. These threads are a bit unique as their “working topics” for groups to use for collaboration, kind of like the custom groups we had in the previous forum software. There’s not really any parallel to that in any other section. It would kind of fit in the Jobs section, but that’s mostly for calls to help, not for continuous collaboration. Ideas here would be welcome.
  • Game Engine Resources - Move all of these threads to the Tutorials, Tips, and Tricks category in Support, again using the relevant bge and upbge tags.

Thoughts?

2 Likes