For Modo user switching to Blender 2.8

Have you tried shift-Numpad 7 before using the tool on a selection? That will rotate the viewport to the selection’s normal, although orientation along Z wont be predictible.

but it can’t inset in negative value
Which negative values are they for?

If the question for me…
start from this and 3-7 posts under

I really like the interface colours and theme. Do you think you can share it ? :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to use a ps or xbox controller to navigate in the viewport, just like in unreal engine?

I shared it in another thread, its here :slight_smile: keKit for Blender (2.8)

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In LWM this was called “Extend”, and yes, it’s very fast.

1 Like

This is a pretty cool free addon

1 Like

Blender has this thing when you duplicate a model, it goes into that freeform translate thing that moves the model all over the place. In Modo you just pull aside a duplicate. Is there any way to make Blender leave the widget once you duplicate something without having to do right click or something similar?

Actually it’s a quite handy, you can Right Mouse click to cancel, and with MMB to move by sides.
Over time, working with this thing in Blender, I started moving like this in Modo, but it’s not there, and I realized that it so useful.

But I think it can be disabled in Keymap.

??? What does that mean?

It’s meant that you can hold Middle Mouse Button and choose direction than release and move in that direction. And before you click Left Mouse Button, you can click MMB again to relocate direction
This is for all kind of manipulation Move Rotate Scale.

Seems redundant: the duplicate is still selected and you can use the usual G+x,y,x to move it.

Sure you can, for me it handy to G+MMB+value, because sometimes it’s not clear where x or y or z.
especially if in custom orientation

I’m just not getting why the MIDDLE mouse button is being used: what is it doing?

Middle mouse give you the option to choose the axis visually.

My point exactly. Axis are not clear when you are working in perspective plus when you decide you actually want to use the widget it reverts to free form move (???). That’s why Modo has this great thing where you first grab the handle you want and then just “extract” a duplicate. Here, you need to duplicate and then do some Mortal Combat key-combining to get where you want to go.

1 Like

Yep, it sucks that blender doesn’t have such quality of life… Almost all 3d apps do it this way… :frowning:

But if you want to “shift + d” without the extra hassle, you can do that in the keymap…

QRtT75MkhA9sO-BV5N2VM_2otlxw9Pm82oA8uyFHwo9WWVFQSzdiffo3Wssg9lm-ciUWuIyBSyu5pnA5fTwrJu9QwJcM5dGmZbnhDr9aNEJAPSgGb7cmG0p-jJj7D2fAOw

Download here:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0X58Y8

It’s a little wonky sometimes.

1 Like

I actually bought that :man_facepalming: I can’t keep up with it’s functions. This is the thing with Blender. It’s a shiny new thing, but it’s sooo far away from Modo in terms of simple usability…