Principled Baker for Blender 2.79 here: https://github.com/danielenger/Principled-Baker_for_2-79
Bake PBR textures with a few clicks
- Autodetection of what needs to be baked by connected inputs
- Manual selection for texture channels
- bake almost all Principled BSDF (and more) inputs (Color, Metallic, Roughness, etc.) to image textures
- Autodetection/Manual selection also for Alpha, Emission, Ambient Occlusion (from node; 2.80 only), Diffuse, Glossiness (invert Roughness), Bump (as hightmap), Vertex Color, Material ID
- 3 Bake Modes:
- Combined (new default): Bake a single selected object or bake multiple selected objects with shared UV maps. This is like Blenders default bake.
- Single/Batch (previous default): Bake every selected object separately.
- Selected to Active: Does what it says.
- Create new material with new image texture nodes (most image nodes connected)
- Auto Smooth from object/on/off
- Auto UV unwrap option: Smart UV Project/Lightmap Pack
Be careful with Overwrite! It does what it says!
Baking works in Cycles only. (for now; see Baking “in” Eevee)
Displacement works only with a Displacement node. (Blender 2.80)
Vector Displacement does not work.
Color inputs of transparent nodes (Transparent, Translucent, Glass) will be ignored by default.
This prevents false colors at transitions from being baked into the Color Texture.
Deactivate “Exclude Transparent Colors” to bake transparent inputs to Color Texture.
If just a Bump node is in the node tree, the Normal Map will always be baked.
If a Normal Map and a Bump Map is baked, the Bump node will not be linked in newly created material.
Some results from complex mixed shader node trees might not be useful
no bake from Ambient Occlusion Shader in 2.79
bake Ambient Occlusion only from one node per material (highest node in tree)
new Ambient Occlusion texture is not connected in newly generated material
Auto UV unwrap not available in Blender 2.79 for multiple objects (bake mode: Combined)
with Material Name to define the Material ID Colors: Duplicate colors are possible!
Baking “in” Eevee did crash Blender 2.80 beta sometimes! I had no crashes with the recent builds while testing.
– results for Subsurface Radius is not useful
– results for Tangent might not be useful
– batch baking with shared materials can give useless, half baked image textures
– typo in github name (can not be solved?)
- fixed: diffuse image colorspace not in sRGB
- fixed: non-mesh objects in selected objects causing problems
- update to changes in Image nodes and Principled BSDF nodes in Blender 2.80
- bake diffuse direct/indirect (only for Combined and Single/Batch, does not work properly for Selected to Active)
- influence settings for normals working (see Render (tab) > Bake > Bake Type = Normal > Influence)
- fixed: ‘image’ referenced before assignment without Create New Material
- baking in Eevee/Workbench by temporarily switching to Cycles - This may crash Blender 2.80 beta!
- Create New Material/Add New Material as two separate options
- Mapping and Texture Coordinate nodes for new material
- fixed: results in Combined mode partially black
- fixed: Vertex Color baking only with material
- fixed: empty material slot removal
- fixed: color outputs in factor inputs not BW
- fixed: wrong material ID colors with shared materials (by slot/hue)
- 3 bake modes: Combined, Single/Batch, Selected to Active
- Material ID (two methods to define Material ID Colors; see Addon Preferences)
- Auto Lightmap Pack option
- fixed: Selected to Active samples not working
- fixed: shared material color always white
- fixed: Selected to Active prefix
- Auto Smooth
- Vertex Color
- AO mix in new material
- fixed: MixRGB missing link test
- fixed: wrong colors from Mix RGB nodes + AO
- fixed: selected to active missing image file check
- fixed: selected to active wrong texture names
- fixed: empty material slots errors
- 16/32 bit support
- image settings
- samples setting
- Glossiness (invert Roughness) option
- progress feedback (cursor)
- Ambient Occlusion from node (for testing)
- backport to Blender 2.79
fixed: mix with emission
fixed: normal map black
new: Auto Smart UV Project
bugfix: no UV map as potential input error
bugfix: margin not applied
bugfix: file paths
autodetection: support for more shader nodes
fixed: missing bake button
port to blender 2.8
new: alpha channel to color (optional)
fixed: alpha channel color space
fixed: alpha color space not sRGB
new: batch baking
new: selected to active baking
new: better auto detection
new: support for multiply materials
new: copy values of Principled BSDF nodes to Principled BSDF node in (optional) new material
new: optional alpha channel (know issue: previously created images without alpha channel need to be deleted by hand to get alpha channel)
fixed: linear color space for values
fixed: wrong baked colors from non-color data image nodes
new: optional bake bump maps to normal maps
new: optional new Material
(puns are intended)