Hello and welcome to Scatter main thread !
Feel free to report bugs to me via MP, talk about anything Scattering related, ask questions (not covered from the tutorial video series), requests stuffs… ect…
Blender Market: https://www.blendermarket.com/products/scatter
Updates 1.1 work in progress:
- Scrollable interface implementation (with some renaming option)
- An operator to delete a proxy system
- Better particle position editing
- Rest of B01
ps: This topic is also a work in progress topic from the very beginning, you can scroll through Scatter development starting at the posts belows
Original First post:
I spend maybe 4 hours this morning working on this meadow (only shading and particles)
i just want to make a topic speaking about the subject
After reading this article here below tried my best to recreate this exact scene in blender.
And this is the result:
- have a bunch of different variety of grasses/leaves/clovers… ect
- make sure to have different models of your grass, some in clusters, in different sizes and radius.
- make sure the terrain is naturally displaced and not flat.
- use a grass texture with little roots and different tones of grasses for the base plane.
- make sure that the material and translucency of your grass is accurate
- the material of the grass need to be wet enoug. 0.4 roughness is perfect for this scene
- Distribute your differents grasses models with a cluster map like this below using procedural black and white texture
- Tweak the material of the grass with a procedural texture, so that you can have different shade of green/yellow/dead grass tones, get rid of uniform colors. For the aldebeo AND translucency.
- in your scene always have some shadow to give this grass some relief
and its done.
While addons like graswald or grass-essential do excellent work for the grass material and model, there’s still a lot of work to do for clustering the different species with various clustering maps, reworking the material for color variation, and a lot features forest pack like missing.
i’d really like to see an addon that can do that within blenders
so let’s do it !