DuWamf (+): Dude, Where are my folders?
This is a convenience utility add-on that makes accessing essential Blender folders easy.
This addon works both for Blender 2.79 and 2.80 versions And it should work on Linux and MacOS but I did not test it under those platforms.
You can open
- Current file’s folder
- Blender’s installation folder
- Render folder (if set)
- Scripts (add-ons) folder
- User’s Blender resource folder
- Temp folder that Blender uses internally
This new version adds the features below
- Global bookmarks, add you own favorite all time favorite folders
- Project based bookmarks, add you own favorite project related folders
- Editing both Project and Global bookmarks
- It creates the bookmarks file in the project folder if there is no bookmarks file.
Project bookmarks file is located where the currently open .blend file is. At the moment this is the most convenient way. More to come.
Global bookmarks file reside in the add-on’s folder.
The add-on implements a floating menu and a sub menu that is listed under the “File” menu. You can assign a shortcut to call it(like in the demonstration below). Add
wm.call_menu then add
FILE_MT_FoldersAccessMenu to the
Name field in the keymap settings. I recommend
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+O for it.
You might also notice that you can use “letters” to call folders quickly when the floating menu enabled.
Feel free to ask for more folders to be included.
You can get them from the links below
Free Gumroad Download Page
DuWamf+ Gumroad Page
Duwamf+ Blender Market
Blender Market Page
Paid v1.2 and Free v1.1
- 2.8x Api fixes
Menu ( DuWamf+ )
Menu Action ( DuWamf Free )
Edit Global Bookmarks
Edit/Open Project Bookmarks
Open Global Bookmarks
My Other Addons
Temporizer If you are not using Temporizer, you are nobody. Use it! You will be thankful to me when it has saved your back.